Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Is Making Guns in the USA

Taurus Is Making Guns in the USA

@jetfire
    I just came across the video below. @ 5 min, one person assembles and “hand fits” the Executive grade revolvers, and @ 8:30 min they show the warranty department. They claim that less than .5% of guns come back for warranty in the first year. They’re also making some of their firearms entirely in the USA, and working on getting all of them made here. I’m impressed!
    Taurus seems to have given Bainbridge, GA an economic boost. That’s in the final minute.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    ..claim that less than .5% of guns come back for warranty in the first year.
    That sounds really good. Then I wonder if more than 5% of the guns they sell see more than 100 rounds in their entire lifetime or at least during the ownership of the first buyer. The same is true for many low end guns of the other majors.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    That sounds really good. Then I wonder if more than 5% of the guns they sell see more than 100 rounds in their entire lifetime or at least during the ownership of the first buyer. The same is true for many low end guns of the other majors.
    That is probably true for most firearms. I wonder if moving manufacturing to the U.S. is going to raise their prices?

There is a legit market for lower price firearms among folks who live in sketchy areas they can't afford to move away from.

When I'd read the Armed Citizen column in the NRA magazines I'd often wonder what manufacturer made the firearms used for self-defense. I'd bet that the majority would be brands many would scoff at.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    @jetfire
    I just came across the video below. @ 5 min, one person assembles and “hand fits” the Executive grade revolvers, and @ 8:30 min they show the warranty department. They claim that less than .5% of guns come back for warranty in the first year. They’re also making some of their firearms entirely in the USA, and working on getting all of them made here. I’m impressed!
    Taurus seems to have given Bainbridge, GA an economic boost. That’s in the final minute.
    That's been the case for a while. I think the Spectrum (small .380, no longer made) was a totally made in USA gun.

I suspect it's to make the guns that otherwise wouldn't pass the "sporting purposes" test.

Hey guys! Just to clear up some things from that video - the Executive Grade guns are made entirely in Brazil, but they are assembled in a "one gun, one gunsmith" fashion, where each individual gun is built by hand by a single trained gunsmith.

We do manufacture entire firearms in the US, as well as perform final assembly and machining/conversions on some Brazil products. The move to Bainbridge has been great for the community there, but it's also allowed us to expand our internal QC, our warranty/repair section, and our customer service operation. However, I don't want to take away from the modernization that's been going in Brazil, either - none of the Bainbridge stuff would have happened if there hadn't been a titanic culture shift and investment in new machining, training, and modern manufacturing techniques in Brazil. The days of American QC rejecting entire shipments of Brazilian guns are long over, and as mentioned our error/return rate is will within the industry standard at this point.

We're actually working with Guns.Com right in post production of a second video like this one that highlights our Brazil facilities.

Thank for posting that video. I had literally no idea Taurus was spinning up real manufacturing operations in the USA.

price goes up then

Hopefully the quality too.

They will still probably suck….
    **OK**

I have a GX4 that has over 2500 rounds down range with no issues. I even shoot it in IDPA matches.

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    They will still probably suck….
    Which Taurus that has been produced since the turnover in Brazil and the move to Bainbridge do you have personal experience with sucking?

User Tag List