Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus Is Making Guns in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Beretta? Beretta is one of a very few manufacturers I’ve not had guns brought back for warranty returns since the great QC decline of 2020. What have you seen that suggests a QC decline at Beretta? I figured they were one of the exceptions.
    Cracked Tomcat frames
    At least three 92FS with dead triggers out of the box
    Then there was the run of 92Ds with the front sight slot milled at a downward angle

It seems to be a Tennessee problem, not an Italy problem.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Cracked Tomcat frames
    At least three 92FS with dead triggers out of the box
    Then there was the run of 92Ds with the front sight slot milled at a downward angle

It seems to be a Tennessee problem, not an Italy problem.
    Ah. My experience is with Italian. I’ve stayed away from US Berettas. I want a Langdon 92 but I don’t know if I want to take the chance on a Tennessee made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The industry standard appears to be at an all time low. What I would love to see is the industry as a whole trying to do better. While a return rate may be small, at best it's an inconvenience to the customer. If you told me that Taurus has better rates of return than Colt, S&W, Ruger, and Beretta (who have sunk to new or not so new lows), you'd have my attention.
    All the major manufacturers target a return rate of less than 1%, and we're under that along with S&W, Ruger, and Beretta. Your odds of getting a bad S&W are pretty much exactly the same as getting a bad Taurus revolver (very low).

Now I can't control people who, for some reason, invent problems because they're invested in seeing the brand fail, which is still something that surprises me whenever it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    Hey, @jetfire. I would like to see Taurus provide better customer service for folks who can and do perform their own firearms repairs. Requirng to send a firearm to the Mothership and waiting weeks and weeks for its return when only a simple replacement part is needed is sophomoric...a non-starter for me.
    There is a considerable number of small parts available for purchase on ShopTaurus.Com depending on what you want to do to your gun. There's also a robust aftermarket of additional small parts, again depending on what you want to do to your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    There is a considerable number of small parts available for purchase on ShopTaurus.Com depending on what you want to do to your gun. There's also a robust aftermarket of additional small parts, again depending on what you want to do to your gun.
    https://shoptaurus.com/small-frame-revolvers/

I called Colt to get an extra yoke/crane screw for a Python, and the rep not only said No, he also said he wouldn’t know who to ask(!!!!).

I'd love to know why Taurus used to offer the flush 856 hammer to the public, then it was removed.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I'd love to know why Taurus used to offer the flush 856 hammer to the public, then it was removed.
    Parts availability. Most of them go into guns, and the few spares we have are in our repairs department. If there's ever X more than the spares quantity, those go up for sale. Hammers are one of the parts we have to replace the most often, because "Highly Trained Kitchen Table Gunsmiths" are forever doing their own action and polish jobs and ruining their hammers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Brather I wish I knew where an extended length firing pin for the small frame Taurus revolvers can be found.

I get that I should be able to run my bobbed hammer 2" with its 14lb trigger just fine....but I'd love a reliable 9lbs

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Brather I wish I knew where an extended length firing pin for the small frame Taurus revolvers can be found.

I get that I should be able to run my bobbed hammer 2" with its 14lb trigger just fine....but I'd love a reliable 9lbs
    We are developing this as we speak with TK custom

Site Supporter
    Everyone should be rooting for Taurus. They seem to be doing a lot of good work and they clearly are improving.

Do the Rossi revolvers have a bit smoother pull than the 856 series? I’m asking for someone with limited hand strength, who would need two fingers to have a decent pull on an 856.

User Tag List