Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rounds on Board?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Rounds on Board?

How many rounds do you EDC?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Currently, 11 rounds in the gun. Two spare mags of ten each for 31 rounds total.

Whoops, didn't catch this was in the wheelie forum.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Currently 18 147 gr HSTs at 1275 fps
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Whoops, didn't catch this was in the wheelie forum.
    Same.

ETA: When I’m carrying a J-frame at home, it’s with a speed strip.

Site Supporter
    When I carried a revolver, 18-30, depending very heavily on how I was carrying and where I could find a place to put spare ammunition. I strongly preferred two speedloaders, but sometimes carried two speed strips in addition to in in place of the speedloaders. At the risk of thread drift . . .

When I carried in a shoulder holster, the most comfortable setup was a Galco Miami Classic set up with a double dump pouch under the opposite arm. Each dump pouch held a speed strip with 6 cartridges. I usually tossed a couple of speedloaders in a strong side jacket pocket.

The Galco speedloader pouch for a shoulder holster was not particularly comfortable. The Bianchi Tuxedo nylon shoulder holster had a more comfortable speedloader pouch. However, the nylon retention strap could potentially be caught under the hammer spur when drawing, significantly slowing the draw.

I never tried the Bianchi pouch with the Galco holster and harness, but perhaps should have done so.

Ken Null's SKR shoulder holster is also worth mentioning. Concealability, speed, and weak hand access are unmatched by any other shoulder holster. However, I never found the harness comfortable. Again, speedloaders went in a jacket pocket.

I never found a good way to carry speedloaders on a belt, but Dillon used to make a vertical belt speed strip pouch which worked very well. I had a couple of the leather pouches which run the belt through the middle of the pouch. I was never happy with the fit of the speedloaders and belt together, and never carried that way. If I was carrying IWB, the speedloaders would simply be dropped into a pants pocket.

If I carried revolvers regularly today, I would use an Aholster Bactrian. I have one of these for each side, which I may experiment with during some future shooting range visit.

I would also give very serious consideration to the Speed Loader Over Belt made by Revolver Rob and Flamingo.

Prior to the availability of Kel-Tec's P-32, my NPE gun was a North American Arms .22 lr. mini revolver. This gun was most commonly carried with a total of 10 cartridges, although the five spares were carried loose in a pouch in the same pocket holster as the gun.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Rounds

I often carry a 3 inch Ruger GP100 that is one of the 7 shot ones, so 7 LSWC in either Buffalo Bore or Underwood brand’s spicy 38 +p and 14 extra cartridges.
    Last edited by Tarrrnation!; 02-03-2024 at 12:13 AM.

With a J frame or D frame in Galco bellyband, meaning deep concealment under a tucked shirt, two speed strips loaded 2 gap 2, (4 rounds each). Larger revolver on the belt out here on the farm, 2 speedloaders or two fully loaded 6 round speed strips. Revolver as second gun on the ankle, none. Pocket holster dropped into pocket from the console vault of the car, a single 2x2 speed strip in opposite pocket.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

5 in the pocket J-frame and 3 speed strips in the opposite side cargo pocket. So 20 total.

Hey, got to balance the load.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Rounds on Board?

Two moonclips (15 total) or speedloaders (18 total)… three (20/24, respectfully) if I’m traveling/going somewhere where I feel I need the extra.

Comes down to my 9mm 642-1 or my 3” Carry Comp 19-9 (taking it out of rotation since the D&L fixed rear sight will be here today).

User Tag List