View Poll Results: How many round do you EDC?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Five in the gun

19 22.09%
  • Six in the gun

13 15.12%
  • Seven in the gun

3 3.49%
  • Gun plus speedstrip

37 43.02%
  • Gun plus speedloader

6 6.98%
  • More than one speedstrip &/or speedloader

34 39.53%
  • Gun plus NY reload

8 9.30%
  • OP is crazy

6 6.98%
  • The mods are shit

8 9.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rounds on Board?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Rounds on Board?

How many rounds do you EDC (revolver-centric)?
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 02-02-2024 at 09:27 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I’m sitting here in gym clothes wearing a Shield Plus in an Enigma (13+1), with a spare 15 round magazine. In jeans I have two spare 13 round magazines on the belt, but one is probably plenty.

Oops, didn’t notice this was revolver oriented. Tomorrow I’ll go to yoga with eight in the 43C. I should load a strip and carry it but I don’t want it slipping out of a pocket. Way back when I carried a six shot off duty I’d carry two speed loaders in the Safariland split six holders. Having been through both the Rangemaster Master Instructor and my state’s revolver instructor courses last summer, I’ve no desire to carry a full size revolver for self defense.
    When I get my 632, I’ll get some strips and loaders and figure out how to carry a speed strip securely in gym clothes.
    Last edited by BobM; 02-02-2024 at 09:34 PM.

When I’m carrying a round gun, I’m a slacker - what’s in the gun plus usually one speed strip of six.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Depends on the platform I am carrying but usually 1 extra mag. Anywhere from 19 rounds to over 30.

Depends on what I'm carrying. If it's the 642 I have a Tuff Products 8 round strip -Which is probably 90% of my carry. If it's the EDC X9 and I'm rural I have 2 15 round mags in a JMK mag holder. If it's in town I usually have 1 extra 15 round mag. If it's a 1911, I'll have 1 extra mag in a front pocket pouch. I haven't ordered anything for the .44 "N" frame yet. I need to go to storage and see if I still have my stacked 4 speed loader holder case from days gone by. I will be ordering a few HKS loaders for that gun and an 8 round strip.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

It depends….

Apologies for the qualification, but recently(over the past few weeks): 14-18 rounds, depending on Glock model. 14 in the G19 and 18 in the G45.
    I have “off duty” had 11 rounds in a G26, and 6 in a G43.
    Spare mag is almost always a G17 mag w/16 rounds. I habitually download 1 round in the double column mags as they seat more efficiently in case of a magazine exchange.
    In the literal handful of instances where I have a snub revolver, 5 rounds of .38 Lost River wad cutters or 8 rounds of .22lr in a 317. One full cylinder reload in a strip or speedloader.

Name:  20240202_215738.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  40.3 KB

Todays (and most days...) current carry loadout.
    Ruger LCR in .327 loaded with Lost River .32 H&Rs
    8 shot speed strip with RASC pocket clip with 6 more .32 H&Rs
    Surefire Stiletto Pro
    Cheap Kershaw folder
    Wallet
    Phone being used to take picture...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

I have not been carrying my J-frames much lately, but generally a speed strip in each front pocket, and Comp-I's in jacket/vest pockets if available. So 15-25 rounds total. I don't expect to reload that much, but having ammo accessible to either hand makes sense to me.

Depends on the day and location. In town with the little gun, a speedloader in the pocket with it and a couple strips in the watch pocket. Around the yard a little more gun and a couple loaders/strips, whatever is laying around handy. off walking/hiking/adventuring some belt gun and a belt of cartridges, and maybe a speedloader if its a DA gun.

The 2 1/2" 19 is getting more use, a loader and a strip or two if just around the yard or town.

Walk arounds close by with the winchester carbine sometimes a small handful in the back pocket, say 10-12 extras, out hiking/dog walking/adventuring, 20-ish rds or so, sometimes a belt of 25, a few likely to be extra-light loads for snakes or whatever.

Usually a box or two in the vehicle.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I carry one of my 686+ revolvers, and a speedstrip on my belt. My 6” M19 will be in Dave Olhasso’s hands this weekend for a barrel swap, so that’ll be six measly rounds, and a speedstrip.

User Tag List