View Poll Results: How many round do you EDC?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Five in the gun

19 22.09%
  • Six in the gun

13 15.12%
  • Seven in the gun

3 3.49%
  • Gun plus speedstrip

37 43.02%
  • Gun plus speedloader

6 6.98%
  • More than one speedstrip &/or speedloader

34 39.53%
  • Gun plus NY reload

8 9.30%
  • OP is crazy

6 6.98%
  • The mods are shit

8 9.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rounds on Board?

I was going to say my LCRs are "take out the trash" guns, but that could be misinterpreted so I'll say they're my "doing stuff around the house when I'm not armed" guns. No reload, just what's in the gun. I've been using a .38 Spc LCR but I just bought a .327 Fed Mag LCR so once I vet it, it'll be six rounds. In the rare instance I go somewhere while carrying one, then I'll carry a speed strip too.

Today:

Six in a 2" Model 10 with another half-dozen in a safariland Comp-II. Eight in a Ruger LCR. Plus a GWAR cassette backed up by a Nazareth cassette.

I have my .22 LCR in my offhand front pocket, and most of the time a .38 LCR AWIB. If I have a 38 I have a speedstrip with 6 rounds in my watch pocket.

If I feel like John Wick that day I may carry my 2” model 64 with six in the gun and a speedloader beside it AIWB, with a speedstrip in my watch pocket.

I live in the country by a small town so I don’t have a very high risk.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Attachment 114752

Todays (and most days...) current carry loadout.
    Ruger LCR in .327 loaded with Lost River .32 H&Rs
    8 shot speed strip with RASC pocket clip with 6 more .32 H&Rs
    Surefire Stiletto Pro
    Cheap Kershaw folder
    Wallet
    Phone being used to take picture...
    Could you tell more about the speed strip with the RASC pocket clip? Is that a pocket clip that is manufactured as part of the speed strip, or did you attach a clip to a speed strip?
    (also, I call them "slow" strips, cuz.. they ain't speedy in my hands)

Quote Originally Posted by TikritTourist View Post
    Could you tell more about the speed strip with the RASC pocket clip? Is that a pocket clip that is manufactured as part of the speed strip, or did you attach a clip to a speed strip?
    (also, I call them "slow" strips, cuz.. they ain't speedy in my hands)
    https://theneomag.com/shop/rasc-38-375-magnum/

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    My revolver is an I’m not carrrying a gun, gun. So it’s 5 rounds and wishful thinking.
    Same here, and same with an LCP. Which is why I moved on to the G42 as my minimalist gun. Now it's 9 in the G, 8 in a spare mag.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I voted for the OP is crazy.

I can check every box, sometimes multiple in a day because it all depends, this is where the revolver shines for me. From my LCR 9 to my M29 the manual of arms is the same, the Python changes it up a little with the pull for cylinder release tho. I can go from mouse to moose and just for a few exceptions not even change the holster I'm wearing.

Load out usually progresses something like this. 5 or 6 is plenty > ok I'll drop a few loose rounds in a pocket > I might need a speed strip full > duel speedloaders in split sixes is enough > ok a second gun in pocket just to be sure. You're making me go to the big city? Well, I better grab a bottom feeder, a couple spare 15 rounders and a bug.

Site Supporter
    ^^^^I can't see dropping loose rounds in a pocket. I've already got too much stuff in my pockets - the main reason I don't pocket-carry my J frames - and I'd never find them if I needed them.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Today:

Six in a 2" Model 10 with another half-dozen in a safariland Comp-II. Eight in a Ruger LCR. Plus a GWAR cassette backed up by a Nazareth cassette.
    if the loadout doesn't dissuade 'em, a splash of GWAR stage juice might do the trick!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Went hiking yesterday and carried my 442 on my hip, under a hoodie, with two 6 shot speedstrips in my strong side (right) jeans pocket. When I carry my 442, that's almost generally what I carry. I have at times added two more speedstrips.

But this isn't my normal carry. Typically I carry a Ruger Max 9 with a CT1550 RDS and a 12rd. mag, in a DeSantis OWB holster at 3 o'clock, with two more 12rd mags in a double mag holster on my left hip, at 9 o'clock. For work. where firearms are not allowed, there might be a Ruger LCP Max with 12rd mag and two more 12rd spares in a nondescript back pack of some sort. Or there might not.

User Tag List