View Poll Results: How many round do you EDC?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Five in the gun

19 22.09%
  • Six in the gun

13 15.12%
  • Seven in the gun

3 3.49%
  • Gun plus speedstrip

37 43.02%
  • Gun plus speedloader

6 6.98%
  • More than one speedstrip &/or speedloader

34 39.53%
  • Gun plus NY reload

8 9.30%
  • OP is crazy

6 6.98%
  • The mods are shit

8 9.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rounds on Board?

That poll leaves me out.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Easy.

Gun plus speed loader plus another 6.

If I'm aiwb then the 6 is in a speed strip on a pocket. If it's a hip carry gun then it's 2 speed loaders in a split six
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

"EDC" is the kicker.

For every day, day-in-day-out, it is 5 in the M37 pocket gun, with 2x 5-round Tuff strips w/4 rounds each, tucked into the watch pocket of my jeans. I also checked "NY reload", because the round gun is the NY reload to my usual 1911 belt gun.

At the moment, I'm out of state watching after my grandkids. I've got the above wheelie setup, plus 6 in the 856 in the other pocket, and 5 in the SP-101 on my hip. I'm not toting around a lot of the junk that I tote while at home, so this setup is working really well for me, in this time and place.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    I posted a more detailed answer in the other thread without the poll, but the short answer is 18-30: 6 in the gun, preferably 12 in speedloaders, and possibly 12 in speed strips instead of or in addition to the speedloaders. However, I have not carried a revolver as a primary handgun in over 20 years, and can count on one hand the number of times I have carried one as a BUG.

The quality of the sights was the single biggest factor causing me to switch to semiautos for EDC. Today, multiple options have significantly better sights than those available 20+ years ago. This topic is interesting because the available options for carrying spare ammo for revolvers still leave much to be desired.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

My revolver is an I’m not carrrying a gun, gun. So it’s 5 rounds and wishful thinking.

Site Supporter
    Either an X Macro or XL AIWB with a snub in my pocket with no reloads on me or, lately a combination that woks well in my work environment, an LCR 9 AIWB with a spare moon clip and a speed strip in my left front pocket and a 642 in my right front pocket, no reload.

My J frame is an alternate carry gun for me. I carry it when dressed up, or expect lots of physical activity.

-Gun plus speedstrip. (5 shot J frame 38, 6 rounds on an 8 round speedstrip)
    -OP is crazy (Crazy wheel gun enabler anyway)
    -Mods are shit

Site Supporter

5 + 6

I pocket carry my J-Frame pretty much always, even at home, with 5 in the gun and 6 on an eight round Quickstrip.

I carry one of two six shot revolvers. #1 is a Kimber K6xs, 6rds in weapon, a HKS DS speedloader with 6 and a speedstrip with six. The ammo is Federal punch 120+P. My back up small frame 6 shot is a Taurus 856 UL. . They use the same holsters, speedloaders and ammo. The Taurus has a hammer spur. I shoot all my small revolvers (2) DAO the hammer spur is on the Taurus for positive ignition.

Edit for spelling.

My snub M10 has been my motorcycle jacket gun for a while. Typically it's 6 in the gun, plus both a speedstrip loaded to 4 and a CompII in the other pocket.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List