Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New "Compact" Modlite Pistol Light

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    This can already be accomplished with their Legacy Enhanced heads, though a slimmer version would be nice;

It still uses the current full-size head though. The smaller diameter compact head, being the same diameter as the body (which I'm aware is thicker than the E2) would sit in the pocket better than the typical form factor of the head being larger than the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre3 View Post
    Now they just need to make an 18350 light. I understand .gov contracting is the vast majority of their business so there isn't as much incentive to do so.
    https://www.surefire.com/m340dft-pro/

Unless you're talking about pistol lights specifically, in which case, I suppose they could still do it as a dual fuel, given that they're still able to drive the M340DFT Pro with a CR123A, but yeah, it seems a bit less likely.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 02-12-2024 at 12:00 PM.

It still uses the current full-size head though. The smaller diameter compact head, being the same diameter as the body (which I'm aware is thicker than the E2) would sit in the pocket better than the typical form factor of the head being larger than the body.
    Understood & agreed, but at least the compact dimensions of an E-series body can be accomplished now. I would not hold my breath for Modlite to offer another series of E-compatible heads though. No doubt this new PL350C uses the same threads as the full size lights (not E-series).

BTW, does anyone yet know the output specs of this PL350C?
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Understood & agreed, but at least the compact dimensions of an E-series body can be accomplished now. I would not hold my breath for Modlite to offer another series of E-compatible heads though. No doubt this new PL350C uses the same threads as the full size lights (not E-series).

They haven't released output specs yet.

Site Supporter

Your the only one talking about an E series body, It's still a big head regardless of the body. The new head is the same diameter as the body.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    @paperman, how long have you been using the Alien Gear Rapid Force holster? We tested it back when I was still at my old place, but there were concerns about the high number of tiny screws used in its construction (some of which went missing for one of our evaluators during a 3 day class).

Everybody liked how user-configurable the holster was, and it was intuitive and fast for someone used to an ALS/SLS holster. The missing screws worried us, as did the fact that some users found the belt attachment stiff and uncomfortable. The lack of corresponding plainclothes models was also a negative. Ultimately we settled on the Blackhawk T Series as the best Safariland alternative at the time (US Duty Gear hadn't yet come out with their ALS analog). I've since learned that my successor decided that multiple release mechanisms that are activated separately was a mandatory feature, so they're testing the Rapid Force again (even though they have multiple written T&E reports on them already). *Sigh*. If cops couldn't reinvent the wheel, how would they spend their time?
    I have been using one for several months. Not approved, but I am "special." I have not had it on the street, but have used it extensively while teaching, for shoots and at a couple of schools. It will rattle a bit until adjusted but that is easy and seams to stay in adjustment. When retention is released it is a bit noisy. It can be used with the Aliengear mounting system or Safariland mounts or Bladetech mounts and I like that the retention can be adjusted somewhat for user preference and hand size. I have been using it with a QLS and have never tried the Aliengear mount.

All those screws are unnerving and I think they should have thread locker, and believe that would take care of the problem. I have also seen tension adjustment screws fall off Safariland holsters, so nothing is perfect. I have not loctited mine, specifically to see if something falls off. So far no problems, but would/will treat them all before ever taking out in the wild.

I like that there is not barrel stabilizer, so blue guns and SIRT guns don't need to be modified or the holster modified, and the open bottom means it won't work as a brass / rock/ french fry holder.

It is as fast or faster to draw from as a 6390, and faster than a 6360. The biggest negative I hear form folks who say anything or ask is that it is weird-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Your the only one talking about an E series body, It's still a big head regardless of the body. The new head is the same diameter as the body.
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I like my MCH-HC, even though it doesn't actually put out the claimed candela. It's performance is very close to a PLHv2 and that's great for an EDC light that isn't solely focused on defensive use. It's smaller than the HLX it replaced, but I'm pretty much sold on my next light being an 18650 modlite with this new head. I'm hoping it'll be what I've wanted in a light for a long time: better candela than my HLX in a light roughly the size of my first EDC light, a surefire e2 led.
    Does anyone have the OD size of the PL350C head?

A few existing heads;

• Malkoff MDC E2HT, E2S, Bodyguard, etc. - 1.03"
    • Malkoff E2XT - 1.23"
    • Modlite Legacy - 1.180"

A visual comparison of 18350 lights;

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

I still want that Fat boy. Every time I remember it, I’m broke. That and the walk the dog would be a perfect combo for me.
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

User Tag List