Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New "Compact" Modlite Pistol Light

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    If they didn't get it at least that short then it is a complete failure. Even at the same length as an X300, I can't see any reason why someone would choose that over an X300 Turbo (which is VERY good).
    X300 switches are very sticky and lack defined clicks. I often over drive the switch to a position where I am not trying to drive it due to how mushy and stiff the detents are.

Other than that, the X300 is a wonderful light.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    X300 switches are very sticky and lack defined clicks. I often over drive the switch to a position where I am not trying to drive it due to how mushy and stiff the detents are.

Other than that, the X300 is a wonderful light.
    I have noticed that too, but they do seem to break in a bit with use.

New "Compact" Modlite Pistol Light

If they didn't get it at least that short then it is a complete failure. Even at the same length as an X300, I can't see any reason why someone would choose that over an X300 Turbo (which is VERY good).
    One battery, IR head, high lumen head, high candela head, multi mode head, red light head, can use the SF m340 df turbo head for 18350 & cr123.

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    Bought the pl350 as soon as it came out. It is now on my dry fire gun and the x300 turbo is on the duty gun. Didn't fit multiple safariland holsters I have, activated way too easily including in the holster, wasn't a fan of the over travel when trying to deactivate it.
    Need to jump on the alien gear rapid force duty holster train. It fits your Glock with no light, x300, pl350, & tlr1-hl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paperman; 02-09-2024 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paperman View Post
    One battery, IR head, high lumen head, high candela head, multi mode head, red light head, can use the SF m340 df turbo head for 18350 & cr123.

Need to jump on the alien gear rapid force duty holster train. It fits your Glock with no light, x300, pl350, & tlr1-hl

Not authorized

Quote Originally Posted by paperman View Post

And no need to remove the light every time the battery needs a recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I'm more interested in the head on an 18650 handheld body. I've been a big Cloud Defensive supporter, but I've been bugging them for 2 years to offer a slimmer MCH head for those of us who actually carry full size light in the pocket everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre3 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I like my MCH-HC, even though it doesn't actually put out the claimed candela. It's performance is very close to a PLHv2 and that's great for an EDC light that isn't solely focused on defensive use. It's smaller than the HLX it replaced, but I'm pretty much sold on my next light being an 18650 modlite with this new head. I'm hoping it'll be what I've wanted in a light for a long time: better candela than my HLX in a light roughly the size of my first EDC light, a surefire e2 led.
    This can already be accomplished with their Legacy Enhanced heads, though a slimmer version would be nice;

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    @paperman, how long have you been using the Alien Gear Rapid Force holster? We tested it back when I was still at my old place, but there were concerns about the high number of tiny screws used in its construction (some of which went missing for one of our evaluators during a 3 day class).

Everybody liked how user-configurable the holster was, and it was intuitive and fast for someone used to an ALS/SLS holster. The missing screws worried us, as did the fact that some users found the belt attachment stiff and uncomfortable. The lack of corresponding plainclothes models was also a negative. Ultimately we settled on the Blackhawk T Series as the best Safariland alternative at the time (US Duty Gear hadn't yet come out with their ALS analog). I've since learned that my successor decided that multiple release mechanisms that are activated separately was a mandatory feature, so they're testing the Rapid Force again (even though they have multiple written T&E reports on them already). *Sigh*. If cops couldn't reinvent the wheel, how would they spend their time?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    This can already be accomplished with their Legacy Enhanced heads, though a slimmer version would be nice;

The legacy enhanced head is the same diameter as either the OKW or PLH.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    @paperman, how long have you been using the Alien Gear Rapid Force holster? We tested it back when I was still at my old place, but there were concerns about the high number of tiny screws used in its construction (some of which went missing for one of our evaluators during a 3 day class).

Everybody liked how user-configurable the holster was, and it was intuitive and fast for someone used to an ALS/SLS holster. The missing screws worried us, as did the fact that some users found the belt attachment stiff and uncomfortable. The lack of corresponding plainclothes models was also a negative. Ultimately we settled on the Blackhawk T Series as the best Safariland alternative at the time (US Duty Gear hadn't yet come out with their ALS analog). I've since learned that my successor decided that multiple release mechanisms that are activated separately was a mandatory feature, so they're testing the Rapid Force again (even though they have multiple written T&E reports on them already). *Sigh*. If cops couldn't reinvent the wheel, how would they spend their time?
    I’ve had mine about 9 months. The credit belongs to mil spec mojo for switching.

A year later update
    https://youtu.be/utqmmfB4OlQ?si=DZ_neNNHBkK56_Fe

First video
    https://youtu.be/K_KS-22qGQo?si=515ofRJ0HznPq6Az

I love the x300 turbo. Surefire was very late to the candela game, but making the turbo in the same footprint as the x300u was genius. Now they just need to make an 18350 light. I understand .gov contracting is the vast majority of their business so there isn't as much incentive to do so.

As it sits currently, the pl350 and in particular the new compact head coming offers an 18350 light that is almost as slim as whatever gun it's mounted to, which is a big deal for a lot of people for CCW and plain clothes work. It's also modular for people that want to swap heads. Lastly, the battery can be changed without removing it from the gun.

I also prefer the constant only switching. I'm past the point where I want to try to shoot while holding momentary. I just turn the light on and off as the situation dictates. I do wish the pl350 switch detents were a little firmer though.

User Tag List