Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Alternate Approach to Pistol Sights

The presenters looked a little on the shady side. I never once thought about using the rear sight gap for a reference. I just thought it was the place the fuzzy bumpy thing was supposed to go.

Thanks!
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I think we all may use the rear sight as an initial reference, whether we realize it or not. I know that if I pay close attention, which I don't often do having done it for so long, I find that the rear sight is my initial point of reference as the gun moves into my peripheral vision. My process seems to be, target, rear sight, front sight, shot.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I really like the analogy of driving a car, and it's an important counterpoint to "Front Sight! Front Sight! Front sight!".
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List