Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N frame fans, what are your favorite grips, your "fighting grips" as DB calls 'em

I like the flat sided feel of Pachmayr Grippers but I don't think they've made them for N frames for a long time. I've used 2 sets of K/L Grippers and they
    've fit for me, others say they won't fit their gun. They do eventually tear in heavy recoiling guns, at least they have for me.

I also like Hogue Monogrips, and the factory wood stocks that I have, finger grooves and all.
    All of mine have an open backstrap.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    I like the flat sided feel of Pachmayr Grippers but I don't think they've made them for N frames for a long time. I've used 2 sets of K/L Grippers and they
    've fit for me, others say they won't fit their gun. They do eventually tear in heavy recoiling guns, at least they have for me.

I also like Hogue Monogrips, and the factory wood stocks that I have, finger grooves and all.
    I bought a set of N-Frame grippers from Midway maybe five years back. Looks like they are still showing them available:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003970676?pid=642523

Though oddly Lyman (which owns Pachymayr) does not show an N-Frame option. Go figure.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I just got Grippers for my M25-2 a couple of weeks ago, they’re still around. It has improved my shooting experience greatly, especially double action. My 6.5” 25-2 in .45 ACP is incredibly soft shooting and amazingly accurate, and I in part attribute the shootability to the Grippers.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

They still make the Grippers for N’s. I ordered a set not to long ago from Amazon.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    I bought a set of N-Frame grippers from Midway maybe five years back. Looks like they are still showing them available:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003970676?pid=642523

Though oddly Lyman (which owns Pachymayr) does not show an N-Frame option. Go figure.
    Right, they haven't shown on the website for several years now. I've been watching.
    There might be a lot of NOS still floating around, or they may still make them and have a mistake on the website.

All my N Frames are round butt 44 mags. The Hogue Tamer (S&W 500 Mag) rubber grips with the covered/padded back straps have been my "go tos" since they were introduced.

FWIW,

Paul
    Last edited by paul105; 02-07-2024 at 05:59 PM.

User Tag List