Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I just had a ludicris idea

Go for it. Look what Sam Colt did.

I'm just thinking about how much technology has changed over the years.

Personally I think you should be working on a depleted uranium revolver bullet. One that will go through a garbage can and the car parked behind it. Then you really have something.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    You mean like a Walch Navy?

Yes I read too much Louis L'Amour, but it was a very real gun.

The more I think about it, I conclude that trick cartridges with stacked loads are an unnecessary complication.
    Load the cylinder off the gun and take it home to reload. You would want Clint Eastwood type QD cylinders for sustained fire.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    I'm at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach waiting for The Devil Wears Prada to perform. A few bands to go before they are on stage. I just saw this on Instagram.

Name:  Screenshot_20240203-193534_Instagram.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  30.2 KB
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I'm at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach waiting for The Devil Wears Prada to perform. A few bands to go before they are on stage. I just saw this on Instagram.

Name:  Screenshot_20240203-193534_Instagram.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  30.2 KB
    .45 Siamese

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Great, a hi-cap revolver. The Usual Idiots will be pearl-clutching and demanding new laws. Mayor McBigGulp will be underwriting their attacks of the vapors.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

A modern LeMat is what we need. 12 .32 H&R and a 20ga slug.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Just to make sure you actually understand what I'm suggesting, a shot shell fires all it's projectiles at once. The round I'm discussing would fire one projectile with one strike of the primer, then fire the second projectile with a second strike of the primer. If you understand that, and still think the idea is nonsensical, that's fine. I just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Soooo.....

You've invented the shotgun shell?

Visionary, I tell you! Absolutely visionary!
    Last edited by BBMW; 02-05-2024 at 12:25 PM.

The idea, if it could be made to work, would NOT require a special revolver. The idea is that any existing .357 magnum revolver could fire the round.

And yes, the ammo would be significantly more expensive than normal .357 rounds. But the shooter would get two shots per round, so if it's twice and much, the shooter would break even. It might even cost more than twice as much. But the added utility of doubling the shot count of an existing gun, and for guns not know for their high capacity, might be worth it to some shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    It’s an interesting thought experiment that has no real world applications. Even if you could make it work nobody would buy a 12 shot electronic revolver that requires speciality ammunition that costs at least twice as much to shoot as normal .357 ammo.

Remington discontinued their electronic primer hunting rifles a long time ago because nobody wanted them, and the last place I would want to look for early adopters of electronic guns is people who still want to carry revolvers.

User Tag List