Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just had a ludicris idea

I just had a ludicris idea

Take a .357 magnum case and set it up so that it can fire two bullets, not simultaneously, but one with each strike of the primer. So if someone has a 6-shot .357 Magnum revolver, it can now fire 12 shots without reloading.

How the hell would this work? the cartridge would be loaded in layers, from front to back, there would be the first bullet, propellant, an electric primer, then another bullet, another layer of propellant, and in the primer pocket a two stage device. The side of the device facing the propellant would be another electric primer, on the back of the device would be a piezoelectric generator. Somehow an electric circuit would have to be run from the generator to the front primer. And the generator would have a switch in it that would send the current from the first strike to the front primer, and the second strike tothe back primer. The current output from striking the piezo generator would have to be sufficient to ignite the electric primers.

Could this be made to work? Who knows. How good could the ballistics of each shot be, given that case capacity constraints would limit the amount of propellant per shot. How expensive would the be? Probably a few bucks a round.

Of course, the correct response to this should be "Just buy a 12 shot (or higher) 9mm auto. And that would not really b wrong. But I bet there are a lot of people who on 357 revolvers, especially small ones, that might be willing to trade power for capacity, especially if they can do it without changing guns.

Now I know this is kind of nuts, and may be impractical. But if it could be made to work, it would be .357 magnum carriers some interesting options.

Name:  wp2266126-2842915356.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  40.3 KB
    (Verse 1)
    Yo, check it, I'm rollin' with my twelve-shot revolver,
    Spinnin' barrels like a game, I'm the problem solver.
    Luda on the beat, yeah, I'm takin' it higher,
    With every round I pop, set the scene on fire.

Got the steel in my hand, it's my lyrical weapon,
    Six on each side, ain't no need for second guessin'.
    I'm the king of the street, yeah, I hold the crown,
    When I cock it back, best believe I won't back down.

Cruisin' through the city, with my chrome on my side,
    Ain't nothin' gonna stop me, I'm on my grindin' ride.
    Twelve shots of power, each one with a name,
    When I pull the trigger, you'll remember my aim.

(Chorus)
    Twelve-shot revolver, spinnin' like a cyclone,
    Luda on the mic, yeah, I'm in my zone.
    Ain't nothin' gonna hold me, ain't nothin' gonna stop,
    With my twelve-shot revolver, I'ma reach the top.

(Verse 2)
    I'm a lyrical marksman, aimin' straight for the top,
    With every line I drop, make the whole block hop.
    My revolver's my pen, my bullets are my rhymes,
    When they hit you, boy, you'll feel it in your spine.

From the streets of ATL to the Hollywood sign,
    I'm makin' moves, yeah, I'm takin' what's mine.
    Ain't no room for doubt, ain't no room for fear,
    When I pull the trigger, best believe I'm sincere.

Got the rhythm in my soul, got the beat in my heart,
    With my twelve-shot revolver, I'ma tear 'em apart.
    So listen up close, feel the heat of my flow,
    Luda's in the house, and I'm stealin' the show.

(Chorus)
    Twelve-shot revolver, spinnin' like a cyclone,
    Luda on the mic, yeah, I'm in my zone.
    Ain't nothin' gonna hold me, ain't nothin' gonna stop,
    With my twelve-shot revolver, I'ma reach the top.

(Bridge)
    I'm the master of the game, ain't no need to debate,
    With my twelve-shot revolver, I control my fate.
    So step back, haters, 'cause I'm takin' the lead,
    Ludacris on the mic, plantin' lyrical seeds.

(Outro)
    Twelve-shot revolver, yeah, that's how I roll,
    Luda on the mic, yeah, I'm takin' control.
    Ain't no stoppin' me now, I'm on a rollin' spree,
    With my twelve-shot revolver, I'm settin' myself free.

LOL. I should have anticipated this reponse

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    Take a .357 magnum case and set it up so that it can fire two bullets, not simultaneously, but one with each strike of the primer. So if someone has a 6-shot .357 Magnum revolver, it can now fire 12 shots without reloading.

How the hell would this work? the cartridge would be loaded in layers, from front to back, there would be the first bullet, propellant, an electric primer, then another bullet, another layer of propellant, and in the primer pocket a two stage device. The side of the device facing the propellant would be another electric primer, on the back of the device would be a piezoelectric generator. Somehow an electric circuit would have to be run from the generator to the front primer. And the generator would have a switch in it that would send the current from the first strike to the front primer, and the second strike tothe back primer. The current output from striking the piezo generator would have to be sufficient to ignite the electric primers.

Could this be made to work? Who knows. How good could the ballistics of each shot be, given that case capacity constraints would limit the amount of propellant per shot. How expensive would the be? Probably a few bucks a round.

Of course, the correct response to this should be "Just buy a 12 shot (or higher) 9mm auto. And that would not really b wrong. But I bet there are a lot of people who on 357 revolvers, especially small ones, that might be willing to trade power for capacity, especially if they can do it without changing guns.

Now I know this is kind of nuts, and may be impractical. But if it could be made to work, it would be .357 magnum carriers some interesting options.
    Folks have been doing this for years using round balls, but it's not a serious solution to self defense needs. A Taurus Judge with a 410 buckshot shell is not either, and it's got twice the punch. You can google the procedure. Accuracy is poor. I did it with 2 balls in 45-70 and had fun.

There was a .357 Quad load at one time, 4 wadcutters stacked, all fired at the same time. They would take the rifling.

I believe it used a .357 maximum case , cut to the length of bored out cylinder chambers .

I think Evan Marshal wrote about it.

Site Supporter
    So a Metal Storm .357 revolver?

(poor quality video)
    --Jason--

I could see this getting out of hand! (First video explains the technology better - Second shows different rates of fire better)

Last edited by FNFAN; 02-01-2024 at 08:38 PM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

No, just
    ..NO

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    There was a .357 Quad load at one time, 4 wadcutters stacked, all fired at the same time. They would take the rifling.

I believe it used a .357 maximum case , cut to the length of bored out cylinder chambers .

I think Evan Marshal wrote about it.
    Pretty sure it was a Remington product

Would the balls fire both at once, or individually, on with each pull of the trigger. I'm talking about the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Folks have been doing this for years using round balls, but it's not a serious solution to self defense needs. A Taurus Judge with a 410 buckshot shell is not either, and it's got twice the punch. You can google the procedure. Accuracy is poor. I did it with 2 balls in 45-70 and had fun.

User Tag List