Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IWB Sweat Guards

Every Kydex holster I’ve ever owned, with the exception of the CCC Shaggy, I’ve had to take a Dremel tool & sand paper to the sweat shield.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

In most cases you only need enough material to cover the top edge of the slide, if any. Personally, the guard only serves to keep the top of the slide from digging into my torso when I bend at the waist.

I personally prefer the sweat shields on my kydex holsters, as both an aid to reholstering and comfort. The ones on all my Blade-Tech IWB holsters have worked quite well with no modifications needed. YMMV.

Best, Jon

Had the same problem on a Comp-tac Minataur.
    I just cut off a small piece of leather where my thumb needed to go against the pistol.
    Now thumb goes right between my skin and the gun.
    Had a shoemaker then sew the new section of edge.

I've got a OWB Kydex Comp-Tac I need to do a sweat guard removal treatment to.

I mean, what do you even need it for on a OWB??

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I've got a OWB Kydex Comp-Tac I need to do a sweat guard removal treatment to.

If you carry in a suit and dress shirt, any type of oil ruins dress shirts. Gets pretty expensive after a while.
    "We do not rise too the level of our expectations, rather we fall to the level of our training"
    Archilochus, Greek Soldier

To keep your shirt from getting caught up in your rig while you re-holster.

I've taken more than a couple of classes and even when wearing a kydex OWB rig with tac pants, and a tucked in t-shirt this can be an issue. The full sweat guard is just one more safety layer IMO.

EDIT: My wife loves the Dropkick Murphys.

They say you learn something new everyday.
    Today, I learned two things!
    *feels so ahead of the curve*
    Thanks guys.

They say you learn something new everyday.
    Today, I learned two things!
    *feels so ahead of the curve*
    Thanks guys.
    Dropkick, do you have the adjustable cant model? I bought their adjustable cant model with the belt slide and the belt slide is friggin' horrendous. It doesn't secure at all and has a pressure point that digs into my hip.....way uncomfortable. I like the actual holster body, though the sweat guard did seem a little large to me as well(certainly larger than my CCC's sweat guard).

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Dropkick, do you have the adjustable cant model? I bought their adjustable cant model with the belt slide and the belt slide is friggin' horrendous. It doesn't secure at all and has a pressure point that digs into my hip.....way uncomfortable. I like the actual holster body, though the sweat guard did seem a little large to me as well(certainly larger than my CCC's sweat guard).
    Yes, I have the adjustable cant model. I haven't tried the belt slide yet, thanks for the head's up. The sweat strap was huge on mine, I had to send it back to get cut down, because it was tearing up with web of my thumb / index finger. When I got it back it was still rubbing. Not to mention, I didn't realize that model didn't have a speed cut, which I would have liked. Anyways, I wouldn't recommend that model to anyone...

User Tag List