Thread: Lower 1/4 with Acro on Glock, Wager Cut??

Question Lower 1/4 with Acro on Glock, Wager Cut??

Wager recommends Ameriglo XL for lower 1/3. (.315 front/.394 rear)

Looking for lower 1/4 or 1/5. Anyone know if the next couple sizes down would fit the bill? For example: GL-454 (2L) - .240 front/.315 rear OR GL-455 (3L) - .260 front/.335 rear?

I asked Wager and he thought the 454's might work but didn't have one on hand to confirm. Seeking confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by edcing View Post
    Wager recommends Ameriglo XL for lower 1/3. (.315 front/.394 rear)
    I asked Wager and he thought the 454's might work but didn't have one on hand to confirm. Seeking confirmation
    Who is Wager?

Wager = https://wagermachineworks.com/

I am sending a G45 off to Battlewerx in the short future. This is from their page:

https://www.battlewerx.com/aimpoint-...tic-cut-glock/

IRON SIGHT CO-WITNESS HEIGHTS:

AMERIGLO SIGHT SET (.240" TALL FRONT/.335" TALL REAR: LOWER 1/4 CO-WITNESS
    10-8 PERFORMANCE SIGHT SET (.250" TALL FRONT/.325" TALL REAR): LOWER 1/4 CO-WITNESS

AMERIGLO 1XL SIGHT SET (.315" TALL FRONT/.394" TALL REAR): LOWER 1/3 CO-WITNESS

AMERIGLO 3XL SIGHT SET (.365" TALL FRONT/ .451" TALL REAR): ABSOLUTE CO-WITNESS

I am going to buy sights after I get the pistol back. I want just a peekaboo setup, so maybe something like the Amerglo GL-880 (.220 / .295). Just not sure if they will be tall enough.

Two of my Acros are mounted on slides cut by ATEI and both utilize his Shim Sight system with an Ameriglo front that sits pretty darn low.

Site Supporter
    In the past I have opined Dawson, because you can pretty much dial in exactly what you want.

But I have a bunch of Dawson FO Glock sights from them on my dresser right now.

I ordered MOS co-witness and on a stock slide with RMR and sealing plate they were true co-witness. OK, got what I ordered, not what I wanted, my fault, not theirs.

So I ordered MOS non co-witness, and they could not clear the base of the optic. Again, exactly what I asked for, not what I wanted.

I started researching the internet and came up with the numbers I wanted for a lower 1/4 co-witness, but the only options the webstore offered me was carry contour or whatever they call the snag free design clearly would not allow the optic on, so I ordered the charger style, which arrived with too much material on the front face to fit behind the optic on either slide/optic combination. I was seriously going to take a file to the chargers and make them fit.

I ordered on a whim a set of plain Ameriglo 429s off Bezosmart. Knowing they were going to be too high or too low. They got here and were indeed too low for Suarez slide with a 509t. But they were perfect on my stock G17.4MOS with RMR. The Suarez suppressor sights (true co-witness on the stock slide w/RMR) gave me a lower 1/4 on the Suarez slide with thr 509, so it worked out.

Personally, Erick's setup is what I will do when I mill a Glock. Full Stop, first choice, and I have only seen photos on the internet. Maybe I'll get to go to OK to see the real thing.

And I have gotten over the need for FO front sight on an optics gun, but now I need to get glocks for all the FO sights I have and run them as irons only guns.

pat

Big fan of wagets cuts. Esp his glock 509T cut

User Tag List