Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holosun PID-K Plus

Holosun PID-K Plus

This looks very interesting, slimline sized pistol light with 1,000 lumens and a green laser.

https://www.policemag.com/patrol/new...handgun-lights
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

10,000 candela is pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    10,000 candela is pretty weak.
    I just looked up the TLR-7A sub and it is 5,000 candela.

Looks like a unique size and shape, which will require dedicated holsters.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just looked up the TLR-7A sub and it is 5,000 candela.
    That is also significantly underpowered. I'd rather just stick with a decent handheld than either of these options. I just need a light THAT small bad enough to give up the actual performance.

I do carry with a Surefire X300 Turbo about 50% of the time, and while it's quite comfortable with the right holster I would love something a bit smaller in the 40k-ish candela range. Something that matches the length of a G17 slide instead of a G34 slide would be a significant improvement.

Maybe the new Modlite offering from Shot will be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Looks like a unique size and shape, which will require dedicated holsters.

That is my sad face. "Read my lips. No new holsters."
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

With the option of the laser and twice the lumens of the TLR-7, why wouldn't this be the preferred small pistol light?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

That is my sad face. "Read my lips. No new holsters."
    We all remember how "that" went the first time.😁

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    That is also significantly underpowered. I'd rather just stick with a decent handheld than either of these options. I just need a light THAT small bad enough to give up the actual performance.
    I am not sophisticated when it comes to candela, so I would appreciate some explanation.

When I have used a light in a concealment holster, lately it has been the TLR-7, and that has been a reasonable compromise between size, switching, fitting into an AIWB holster without making a gap at the top of the holster, and providing some light. Based on my experience, I can shoot FAR better with a WML than with a light in my hands.

This K model Holosun has twice the lumens and candela as the TLR-7, is smaller, and has the option of green laser. In the dark, a laser seems like the easy switch. The Surefire XSC is larger, has just 350 lumens and 2,000 candela. Is there a product out there that I am missing, or a reason that a small light with the specs of the new Holosun doesn't make sense on a slim line pistol?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not sophisticated when it comes to candela, so I would appreciate some explanation.

When I have used a light in a concealment holster, lately it has been the TLR-7, and that has been a reasonable compromise between size, switching, fitting into an AIWB holster without making a gap at the top of the holster, and providing some light. Based on my experience, I can shoot FAR better with a WML than with a light in my hands.

This K model Holosun has twice the lumens and candela as the TLR-7, is smaller, and has the option of green laser. In the dark, a laser seems like the easy switch. The Surefire XSC is larger, has just 350 lumens and 2,000 candela. Is there a product out there that I am missing, or a reason that a small light with the specs of the new Holosun doesn't make sense on a slim line pistol?
    I think Streamlight just announced an HPL head with “double” the candela for the TLR-7. I assume that means 10k. I also don’t understand why Holosun likes the push in from the side switching. TLR switches are still the best.

User Tag List