Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If I had a million dollars...

Site Supporter
    Id make a flush fitting 15 rnd mag for the Macro.

Are we talking pre or post taxes? Since we're dreaming I'll go with post taxes.

I'd go to Ferrari of Plano TX and custom order one... then I'd build a real neat 1500 sq ft house on the land where my range is. Then I'd use the rest for ammo. Because I'd shoot every damn day. But just the guns I have; I like them as they are.

(I'll have to store my Ferrari at my in-laws. It'll bottom out long before I make it to the entrance to the land).
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Something like a Volquartsen Scorpion but with a 1911 grip and trigger guard would be cool. I like VQ's stuff, but I do not care for their styling as time goes on.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    A million dollars is not that much nowadays. If we talk about spending it for fun - sure. If you plan to live on - many folks with long term good pension plans have that at retirement and it does not generate a rich life style. 7% return - a good one - 70K. Livable but not extravagant. Buy a fancy house with most of the money - and you have taxes and maintenance.

Dr. Evil - wanted a million and his staff laughed at him as he was thinking in terms of years long ago.

If I had a million fun bucks - travel a bit and guns - maybe some nice revolvers. Frankly the hyped up 1911-oid craze doesn't do it for me.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

A modernized Walther P5 would be hot.

Site Supporter
    I’d probably buy as many years in my state retirement account as they would let me, pay cash for the house my wife and I want, then remodel the current house and rent it out. Any money leftover would go into other investments.

And maybe a bigger, better safe so I don’t have to play Tetris every time I open it.

Site Supporter
    Well, if someone gave me $1 million 50 years ago when I started working, I'd have roughly $30 million if I didn't touch it over the years. However, that didn't happen. Sigh. Having a million in the retirement account when you reach the high 60's of age is a different beast.

With the 30 million now, a nicer house - some more space for toys, etc. Travel, Might upgrade some guns - like the new Snubbies, happy with the current Glocks. Probably waste my money on collectible coins - which maintain their value if you purchase wisely. Of course, cheese. Books - Netflix?

Such fantasies - like buying the lottery tickets when it gets across 500 million. Do some charity donations with constraints.

Staccatos and the like don't appeal to me. Get a new Forester with more electronic bells and whistles.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by majsimple48 View Post
    I would produce an aluminum or stainless frame for the Ruger 22/45 but make it as 1911-like as possible. Checkered front strap, beavertail, magwells, and of course any 1911 grip you want to use. I see a few metal options out there but they largely miss the mark and don't have the 1911 in mind at all. I actually can't believe some of the companies went through such the effort and still came out with such abominations. I could buy any 1911 I wanted if I had a million dollars, but I'd rather build what Ruger should have been doing for years.

There are so many beatifully-finished 22/45s out there, but they're all on that same polymer frame even if it has $500 bone grips. SOMEONE MAKE A REAL 22/45 for us 1911 guys. And even the 1911 .22 LR's are painted black without any options. (!)

This is my first post, thanks for reading my BS!!!
    You could just get a 1911 frame and a .22 LR kit.

https://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/me...gory_Code=1911

Then spend the million elsewhere?
    God Bless,

Brandon

Id buy a little ramshackle trailer or fixer upper house near Sedona Az, a couple Colt SAAs and a 73 Winchester, finish my early Panhead project bike, invest the leftovers and retire to a life of leisure. Id be able to buy the good grade of hamburger at the store, go eat at taco Bell anytime I wanted, and even the fancy Mexican joints.

Since this is in the semi auto pistol section, I'd get a Colt Woodsman or some variation they made thats easy to get mags for, a few spare mags, and shoot it a lot.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

First thing I'd do is ghost all the riff-raff I hang around with currently.........
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

User Tag List