Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR7A Issue

Streamlight TLR7A Issue

I honestly can’t believe I’m asking this, but here I am. I’ve been using a TLR7A on my G19M for two years with no problems. Recently, I took the light off for a bit. When I went to put it back on, the light would constantly loosen. I would tighten it down to snug plus a 1/4 turn (how I’ve always done it). I also use the right key. The weird thing was the screw wouldn’t move. The light would just start to slightly slide forward and back. I’ve tried two other TLR7As and had the same results. The frame has some markings and wear points from the light, but I highly doubt that would cause this. I’ve been in touch with Streamlight and we are both at a loss. They’ve sent me new screws that I’ve tried and had the same results. Has anyone ever had a similar issue?

Site Supporter
    Trying 2 other lights with the same results seems to indicate that the frame is the problem. Can you post some photos of the wear points?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Trying 2 other lights with the same results seems to indicate that the frame is the problem.
    Agreed! Over time the plastic rail will deform from being clamped.

This may sound a bit too improvised, but try cutting small strips of electrical tape and placing them in the clamp where it grabs the rail.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Trying 2 other lights with the same results seems to indicate that the frame is the problem. Can you post some photos of the wear points?
    Name:  1 frame.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  31.2 KBName:  2 frame.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  35.5 KBName:  3 frame.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  25.0 KB

Here we go. It looks similar to our other 19ms as well unless the indents are too deep on the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats037 View Post
    I also use the right key.
    Which key?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Which key?
    1913-1

Site Supporter
    The UNIV-1 key fits most Glocks through Gen. 4, and the 1913-1 fits the Gen. 5 G17 and G19.

https://www.streamlight.com/docs/def...sn=5b23b8f0_37

I agree that the markings on the frame do not appear significant.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

The UNIV-1 key fits most Glocks through Gen. 4, and the 1913-1 fits the Gen. 5 G17 and G19.

https://www.streamlight.com/docs/def...sn=5b23b8f0_37

I agree that the markings on the frame do not appear significant.
    The 19M is essentially a Gen 5, so I should be good there. Any ideas? I guess electrical tape is a potential.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats037 View Post
    The 19M is essentially a Gen 5, so I should be good there. Any ideas? I guess electrical tape is a potential.
    Unfortunately I am going to have to give this more thought before I have more ideas. This is strange. Hopefully others have suggestions.

You've probably already checked, but I didn't see it mentioned. Is the little e-clip on the other side of the screw still there? Without that it can have issues. If it's missing, I have in in my notes somewhere what the size is and you can source them at Home Depot.

User Tag List