Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aimpoint warranty service?

Site Supporter
    I had a T1 on a rifle, said rifle fell out of the safe and buggered the battery compartment/adjustment knob. Requested an RMA and sent it in to them. The optic was at least 12 years old when I sent it in and I was prepared to just pay whatever to get it fixed since it was well out of warranty and got buggered through my own negligence. Not long after that, I got it back all fixed up and ready to go. Certainly left a very favorable impression on me.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Thanks to Wayne Dobbs for reaching out to me. That's service!

I sent in an old R-1 ("stainless" T-1) that I had painted up a few years back, after the brightness knob stopped working on several settings. They didn't care about my paint job, nor did it void the warranty. I think the turn around to send it to Sweden and back was 6 or 8 weeks at that time... my understanding is that they shipped them back and forth in batches from the USA, when things needed repair, so that effected the time frame, waiting for a "batch". As I recall, I didn't pay anything for the repair, though it was still within the warranty period. When it came back, it was working again like new, and has worked since then.

LE or .gov will probably get a bit faster turn around times, it seems.

User Tag List