Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Cobra Special

Quote Originally Posted by Hideeho View Post
    I pocket carry. It impresses the women. Though I once tried pocket carrying an N-frame and was told I was over selling.
    I wear 34X38 Haggar relax fit slacks, and a 2.5” S&W 686+ easily fits in my front pocket. My King Cobra Carry was a breeze in the same pockets.

Site Supporter

Colt Cobra Special Update

After 1,000 rounds and trying different grips and front sights, I have things sorted.

For grips, I started with the OEMs that came with the gun. They are what first attracted me to the gun. Unfortunately, they need a t-grip adapter. The grip arc has my grip hand’s middle finger getting rapped by the trigger guard. I then tried the rubber Hogue grips from my King Cobra Target—I’m just not a fan. I ordered Badger Grips to put on the King Cobra, and before I put them on the King Cobra, I tried them on the Cobra. They work well. I wish I had known they’d work so well on the Cobra; I would have picked a more traditional wood. They give a full grip and carry AIWB very well. The lack of stippling allows me to correct my grip coming out of the holster without friction from stippling.

I tried four different front sights. First was the brass OEM, next was a fiber optic, followed by a night sight from my Python Combat Elite. The brass OEM works well. The F/O was too short, and the Python N/S was too tall. The front sight that works best for me is the new release XS front.

All in all, very happy. I’m loading with Underwood’s 150-grain wadcutters with 158-grain semi-wadcutter hollow points for reloads. For a 50-state legal gun, I use Underwood’s 158 Grain Hard Cast +P semi-wadcutters for reloads.

I want to experiment with Underwood’s 100-grain Xtreme Defender loads in regular and +P loadings. Please let me know if you have any experience with those rounds.

Name:  IMG_1544.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1545.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  37.4 KB

User Tag List