Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indonesian FNCs coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious E.O.C. View Post
    Sooooo... other than magazines and (hopefully) a standard thread pitch for muzzle devices, what US-made FNC parts are available to make one of those "pistols" into a 922r-compliant rifle?
    Uses fal style grips IRC so several options there, Green Mountain used to make us made barrels , stormwerks makes several stock adapters that you can use for AR, para fal style, or picatinny options such a JMAC.

As you allude use mags are the easy button for 3 parts, normally I wouldn't recommend that route but you aren't giving anything up here...
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

How do these get around the George Bush import ban from1989??
    Last edited by Gadfly; 01-26-2024 at 01:08 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    How do these get around the George Bush import bad from1989??
    922R does not apply to pistols (rifles and shotguns only on the Bush Ban) it just has GCA 1968 et al to clear

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I loved the look of these in the 80s. Reading Soldier Or Fortune and Shotgun news, I really wanted one.

I like the concept, But a couple things like a partial fence around the mag release, a little pic rail on the top, maybe some MLOK slots?? You could keep that classic look while adding a couple modern tweaks.
    Pindad makes licensed FNC’s for the Indonesian military.

Tweaks cost money. Is it economically viable to make changes not required for import?! The FNC’s days as a modern working rifle are behind us.

The market for this is collectors / FNC / HEAT / video game fans who would dislike tweaks. They want an FNC not an updated “FNC Like” rifle.

Didn't the chap in Heat use this rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Is there really anyone other than Heat cosplayers or current FNC owners who want a spare that's interested in this? It's a >40 year-old design that hasn't been updated at all.
    Yes, im thinking auto sear holders would be very interested. Its the reason FNC's go for what they do, I believe.

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Is there really anyone other than Heat cosplayers
    Look, man, I am almost as old as Al Pacino was when they filmed that scene. My window of opportunity is closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    Uses fal style grips IRC so several options there, Green Mountain used to make us made barrels , stormwerks makes several stock adapters that you can use for AR, para fal style, or picatinny options such a JMAC.

As you allude use mags are the easy button for 3 parts, normally I wouldn't recommend that route but you aren't giving anything up here...
    Much appreciated. Probably a bit early to budget for anything but I can dream...
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious E.O.C. View Post
    Look, man, I am almost as old as Al Pacino was when they filmed that scene. My window of opportunity is closing.

Much appreciated. Probably a bit early to budget for anything but I can dream...
    I double checked w/Green Mountain, they actually had some barrels left, I was surprised. Probably not the part most want to change but they have them. The muzzle on theirs 14mmx1mm LH like the original, I assume the licensed Indonesian ones are the same...

I’m more interested in the beretta m12 and BM59 clones their bringing in

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Yes, im thinking auto sear holders would be very interested. Its the reason FNC's go for what they do, I believe.
    I don't think there's all that many uninstalled sears out there anymore though. I looked on Sturmgewehr.com and there were a few recent ads for FNCs with sears already in them, but the last ad for an uninstalled FNC sear that I could find was from 2018.

User Tag List