Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lipsey’s Ruger 22 Hornet

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    That screams for a .22 K-Hornet reamer.
    I think I’d just get it in .223 instead, if I thought the regular Hornet wasn’t enough.

I had a 218 Mashburn Bee many years ago. I can't remember the model, probably 43 Winchester. I lost the magazine for it and couldn't find a replacement. Finally got tired of looking and sold it. I've done some pretty stupid things, that was one of them.

I could have used that rifle down on the farm in high school. Lots of 100 yd jack rabbits.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Beautiful! It looks like a scaled down version of my Rigby, and way easier on the shoulder.

Hmmm…I have Hornet dies and a small pile of brass without a rifle in that caliber.

That look/weight would be a lot harder to resist if it were a 1 in 8” twist .223.
    Ruger did an African in .223 already that was basically for safari rifle practice. They sold out quickly and were an instant collector’s item. I’m betting very few people get to even see one of these Hornets in the flesh.

My grandpa liked the small 22 centerfires. He had a Ruger No. 3 he’d restocked to look more like a scaled down No. 1 in 22 Hornet. I wish I’d known that he was selling it. He cast some bullets for it but I don’t recall much more than that. I do have the 221 Fireball he had made on a 461 Sako action.

Site Supporter
    To get my Jagdschein when I was stationed in Germany I had to pass a shooting test using a centerfire rifle. The instructor brought his .22 Hornet for us to use, since that was the minimum cartridge permitted for roe deer. It was a sweet shooter.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    However, if you're not going to reload for it, who's turning out factory 22 Hornet loads these days?
    Prvi Partizan's 45 gr load is all I'm seeing, and that's not much of a selection.
    The poor availability of the 22 Hornet ammunition crossed my mind too, when Ruger introduced a revolver in it. What's next, No.1? They are trying to do to 22 Hornet what they've done to 5.7.

I'm glad this exists. I would love a "nice" - wood stock & blued steel Hornet in either bolt action or single shot.

The only trigger time I ever got on a Hornet was an old Ruger bolt action. It was a nice gun.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List