Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lipsey’s Ruger 22 Hornet

Semper Paratus,

Steve

A very handsome rifle but I just don't think I need a .22 hornet. It kinda makes me wish I did need one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Nevermind, my opinion is just mine alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    A very handsome rifle but I just don't think I need a .22 hornet. It kinda makes me wish I did need one though.
    Ha! Ditto. It would be cool if the Hornet made a huge comeback.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Beautiful! It looks like a scaled down version of my Rigby, and way easier on the shoulder.

Hmmm…I have Hornet dies and a small pile of brass without a rifle in that caliber.

That look/weight would be a lot harder to resist if it were a 1 in 8” twist .223.

I really like the concept of the 22 Hornet, filling the "gap" between 22 mag and .223/5.56.
    However, if you're not going to reload for it, who's turning out factory 22 Hornet loads these days?
    Prvi Partizan's 45 gr load is all I'm seeing, and that's not much of a selection.

That screams for a .22 K-Hornet reamer.

Site Supporter
    That's cool. One of my most prized guns is a 40+ year old Savage bolt gun in 22 Hornet with one of the old 1 3/4-5 Redfield wideview scopes. It was always my dad's favorite gun and the first rifle I remember shooting.

I’m a sucker for the look of an express-y rifle. That said, I can’t see a use for .22 hornet either. I’d be lying if I said that I’d never considered the 77/357. I probably consider that gun annually. An African express-y .357 would get my tail wagging, because, well just because.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’m a sucker for the look of an express-y rifle. That said, I can’t see a use for .22 hornet either. I’d be lying if I said that I’d never considered the 77/357. I probably consider that gun annually. An African express-y .357 would get my tail wagging, because, well just because.
    Agreed. I love the ye olde kaliburs, especially small bores like the Hornet but this would have to be a "This money is burning a hole in my pocket and I must impulse buy something right now" purchase. I don't even need a 77/357 but at least .357 is a caliber I keep on hand.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List