Thread: AAC Element 3?

AAC Element 3?

Anyone got one or have firsthand experience? I’ve been wanting another .22 can for a couple years now. I have and Element 2 and from what I can tell it’s probably still the gold standard in terms of size, weight, and sound. I happened to run into Mike Smith a few months ago and posed the question to him and he’s the one who recommended I wait and grab an Element 3.

My local dealer pretty much hates AAC though. Any thoughts?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I put this little comparison together. Given what's available, the Rugged Mustang is probably the front runner for me. I'm not sold on the Aluminum baffles, but the rest of the specs are right.

Overall I think this data just points to how good the Element 2 was and makes me question why the industry seems to have gone backwards in the last 10 years.

Food Court Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I put this little comparison together. Given what's available, the Rugged Mustang is probably the front runner for me. I'm not sold on the Aluminum baffles, but the rest of the specs are right.

Overall I think this data just points to how good the Element 2 was and makes me question why the industry seems to have gone backwards in the last 10 years.

Where did you get the metered numbers? I find it very difficult to believe that there would be such a huge spread between the highest and lowest, 20 dB is a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Where did you get the metered numbers? I find it very difficult to believe that there would be such a huge spread between the highest and lowest, 20 dB is a huge difference.
    The internet. Either MFR's published data, Silencershop, or Pew Science test report. The AAC numbers are published as dB reduction, so I subtracted them from what I found as 150 dB to be an un-suppressed 16" .22lr number.
    Food Court Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    The internet. Either MFR's published data, Silencershop, or Pew Science test report. The AAC numbers are published as dB reduction, so I subtracted them from what I found as 150 dB to be an un-suppressed 16" .22lr number.
    I would be extremely reluctant to compare dB numbers from disparate sources unless you knew the exact set up from each source.

It seems from most of my reading is that modern rimfire cans all attenuate .22 LR's report about the same for the same length. Weight, FRP, and materials are the main thing to consider. Aluminum might be lighter, but it's also a little more delicate when it comes to cleaning, since you can't use "the dip", and there are mixed responses on using a tumbler with stainless steel pins or ultrasonic cleaners.

User Tag List