Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kahr X9 - Optics Ready, Double Stack using P365 mags

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Are you sure about that?

I measured the striker movement in my P9. This was with the gun disassembled, just looking at how the parts interact and measuring with calipers, so I may be off. From what I can tell the striker initially moves .4" when the slide is ran, then the trigger cocks the striker an additional .15". So I would say it is about 60-70% cocked, a little less than a stock glock. I also feel that the triggerpull requires more work to set off compared to a stock glock. And a stock glock requires more work to set off than most of the other striker fired pistols on the market.

Interested to hear more about Taurus if that is the case. I thought that the newer models are more or less fully cocked?
    I had a Kahr K9 a few years ago.

I really liked the gun. I felt it was accurate. It demonstrated excellent reliability. And it was the size of a G43. I also loooved the feel of the trigger.

Unfortunately, for me, it didn't really deliver on the "authentic double action experience" I was looking for. Subjectively, it felt like a single-action trigger with a bit more takeup. Nice, smooth, silky takeup... but not the kind of long, continuous resistance that gives me "real" double-action peace of mind. Not sure how all that translates to what the striker springs are actually doing, but I suspect it's definitely more pre-cocked than it's not. At the end of the day, I wanted a gun I could throw in a comfy soft holster with no second thoughts... but... I really didn't feel comfortable carrying the K9 in anything but a rigid holster.

All that said...

I think Kahr triggers used to be more double-action-y. At one point they offered a standard/original trigger (sometimes called the NYPD trigger) and a lighter "elite" trigger--and I tend to think everything became the elite trigger at some point; the distinction in the triggers then went away. I actually emailed Kahr to see if they offered conversions back to the original/NYPD trigger, I was told they no longer had those parts. So... I sold the gun.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 01-26-2024 at 01:30 PM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

I had 2 P9s, converted to P9 Coverts, before the Coverts actually existed (so long time ago). The trigger pull had a very smooth double action-y [I]feel[/U].

Didn’t feel like NY-12#-bullshitty though. Perhaps this predated NY usage and “elite” triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

I think Kahr triggers used to be more double-action-y. At one point they offered a standard/original trigger (sometimes called the NYPD trigger) and a lighter "elite" trigger--and I tend to think everything became the elite trigger at some point; the distinction in the triggers then went away. I actually emailed Kahr to see if they offered conversions back to the original/NYPD trigger, I was told they no longer had those parts. So... I sold the gun.
    I very much like the Kahr trigger. I hoped the the HK LEM pistol would give me a double stack Kahr, but didn't quite work out. I agree with your thoughts above for the most part. The E9 I bought in 1998 has a more "double-action-y" trigger than any of my Ps, CWs, or CMs. My K40 has the Elite trigger, which is a little in between. So I tend to think there are three variants in the trigger but am too lazy to actually get the company read.

Any intel on what the optic cut is?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I very much like the Kahr trigger. I hoped the the HK LEM pistol would give me a double stack Kahr, but didn't quite work out. I agree with your thoughts above for the most part. The E9 I bought in 1998 has a more "double-action-y" trigger than any of my Ps, CWs, or CMs. My K40 has the Elite trigger, which is a little in between. So I tend to think there are three variants in the trigger but am too lazy to actually get the company read.
    Yeah, you're probably right. And I think they've been consistently trending lighter. Which I get... but... kinda kills the "flat DA revolver" paradigm for me.

Nevertheless... I still want to find a T9 at some point
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

The different triggers in the Kahrs is news to me. I own an early version P9 I carried as a bug for a lot of years from the early 2000s. I own a newer P9 (4ish years old?) and similar vintage PM9 that all seem to have identical triggers. I’d be interested in more detail re the various iterations if anyone has that info to share.

The described “short reset” in the video for this new pistol gave me a bit of pause, in a ‘leave well enough alone’ sense. While I’m not really in the market, I’ll be interested in fondling what they’ve come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Any intel on what the optic cut is?
    I found a video stating that the cut is RMSc.

User Tag List