Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr X9 - Optics Ready, Double Stack using P365 mags

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Any sense with the trigger weight is on this? For reference, the 365 is just over 5 pounds with a fair amount of travel.
    It is supposed to be identical to their traditional offerings, but with a shorter reset.

They will also have a short throw (fully cocked?) trigger option for those who prefer it.

Site Supporter
    I clicked the first link because I wanted to see the grip. It looks like the P365 Wilson grip, with a little bit of a Boresight Solutions Razorback hump.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Glad to see Kahr still in the game. That said - I have to wonder what (if anything) does it offer over a P365 other than maybe the trigger (which I don't find really any better safety wise as it lacks a hammer)? My old K9 is completely outclassed by the P365 - to the point that it is probably on the way out to make room for another 365.
    No way I'd get rid of a K9 if it was trouble free.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Glad to see Kahr still in the game. That said - I have to wonder what (if anything) does it offer over a P365 other than maybe the trigger (which I don't find really any better safety wise as it lacks a hammer)? My old K9 is completely outclassed by the P365 - to the point that it is probably on the way out to make room for another 365.
    The 365 is a more high-performance gun for sure. I shoot them well, and have recommended them to others. On the other hand, I'm not thrilled by the fully-cocked striker for AIWB. The 365 is really easy to shoot, and it feels right on the edge of too easy (especially in such a small package).

I'm a little concerned about the lighter, shorter trigger option in the X9. I sure hope it retains parts compatibility and doesn't have a fully-cocked striker.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    No way I'd get rid of a K9 if it was trouble free.
    You know - I always talk about getting rid of guns but I never actually do it. Hell - I still have my Sig Mosquito.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    On the other hand, I'm not thrilled by the fully-cocked striker for AIWB.
    The striker is essentially fully tensioned in the traditional Kahrs. It does travel a little more back when trigger is pulled, but it's about 10% of the full travel at release.

If you want a gun where the striker is not pre-tensioned, and the trigger pull draws the striker back for the full amount of its travel, consider a Taurus.

Site Supporter
    Ew.

😉

I should get one of these as a smaller option to complement my daily carry Wilson “X9”. That should lead to some confusing conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    The striker is essentially fully tensioned in the traditional Kahrs. It does travel a little more back when trigger is pulled, but it's about 10% of the full travel at release.

If you want a gun where the striker is not pre-tensioned, and the trigger pull draws the striker back for the full amount of its travel, consider a Taurus.
    Are you sure about that?

I measured the striker movement in my P9. This was with the gun disassembled, just looking at how the parts interact and measuring with calipers, so I may be off. From what I can tell the striker initially moves .4" when the slide is ran, then the trigger cocks the striker an additional .15". So I would say it is about 60-70% cocked, a little less than a stock glock. I also feel that the triggerpull requires more work to set off compared to a stock glock. And a stock glock requires more work to set off than most of the other striker fired pistols on the market.

Interested to hear more about Taurus if that is the case. I thought that the newer models are more or less fully cocked?

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post

The G2C and G3c I'm familiar with have fully tensioned strikers.

User Tag List