Thread: Kahr X9 - Optics Ready, Double Stack using P365 mags

Kahr X9 - Optics Ready, Double Stack using P365 mags

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...r-ar-tommy-x9/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2dlL...Z0bDE5ZTZxemQz

Name:  IMG_2147.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  25.6 KB

--

Interesting. Looks like they kept the Kahr DAO trigger, a great decision.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...r-ar-tommy-x9/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2dlL...Z0bDE5ZTZxemQz

Name:  IMG_2147.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  25.6 KB

--

Interesting. Looks like they kept the Kahr DAO trigger, a great decision.
    I'm quite interested in the X9. Great idea to use 365 mags. I could see trying one after it's had a few years on the market.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm quite interested in the X9. Great idea to use 365 mags. I could see trying one after it's had a few years on the market.
    Apparently it's not a given about the P365 mags. The example that Dan "T.F.G." received from Kahr came with both P365 and Hellcat magazines and both work in the gun.

BTW, I didn't realize that P365 and Hellcat magazines were that similar. They look quite different because Hellcat mags lack the "bottle" shape. But now I understand why SIG chose to sue Springfield and not any other micro-compact manufacturer.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Glad to see Kahr still in the game. That said - I have to wonder what (if anything) does it offer over a P365 other than maybe the trigger (which I don't find really any better safety wise as it lacks a hammer)? My old K9 is completely outclassed by the P365 - to the point that it is probably on the way out to make room for another 365.

I like the looks of this a lot. As far as I can recall, this is the first offering that competes with the 365 and similar pistols but has a DA (or even DA-ish) pull, meaning it's the first option on the market for those who want a 365 equivalent but don't want a fully tensioned striker (with or without a manual safety). I keep waiting for Walter to release a PPS M3 to fit that niche but Kahr beat them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Glad to see Kahr still in the game. That said - I have to wonder what (if anything) does it offer over a P365 other than maybe the trigger (which I don't find really any better safety wise as it lacks a hammer)? My old K9 is completely outclassed by the P365 - to the point that it is probably on the way out to make room for another 365.
    I'd say that would be it, the trigger. I for one am really interested in this and have been waiting years for something along these lines to come out. Not at all interested in a fully cocked weapon pointing at my body all day when safer options exist.

Also Kahrs are impressively length-efficient.

Looks like they redesigned a lot of internal parts as well, the takedown is much better. Hoping this means the end of Kahrs infamous break in period.

I really liked the trigger on my Kahrs, like the P365 and assume the form factor will be similar, and expect that this will be a good gun. However, for me the manual safety on the P365 trumps the LEMmish K9 by a bit. Nice gun though.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    However, for me the manual safety on the P365 trumps the LEMmish K9 by a bit. Nice gun though.
    That's kind of where I sit. While I can understand peoples trepidation over a "cocked" striker (especially given some of the reports of P320s going bang), I feel a cocked striker with manual safety is slightly more comforting than a hammerless DAO. All that said - I have been comfortable with the Kahr's trigger system for 25 years although I certainly shoot the P365 better than the Kahr. I hope this little gun gives those who would rather go this way another great option.

Nothing wrong with carrying condition 1.

For me I carry DA/SA guns in condition 2. I want all my serious use handguns to have roughly the same manual of arms, and this DAO-ish trigger gives me that. If I had one carry gun that is in condition 1, I would require all my carry guns to be in condition 1.

To me having the same manual of arms, particularly as regards safety functions, is very high on the list of what makes a good weapon for me. It is trumped only be reliability/durability, and is way higher up the list than magazine capacity.

Any sense with the trigger weight is on this? For reference, the 365 is just over 5 pounds with a fair amount of travel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List