Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope Glock is paying attention

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Unfortunately Glock is missing out on a lot of buyers because, the P320, VP9, Canik, M&P, (insert brand here) feels better than the Glock....
    TXPO
    To me the funny thing is that the grip angle and overall profile of the grip is the least expensive part of the Glock to manufacture. They could keep the same mag and still make the grip a lot
    more acceptable. Many places take the grip and mod that empty space behind the mag to get the backstrap more vertical. Then they fill in the bottom of the front strap and bingo common grip angle. Several others offer complete Glock frames for pretty cheap so, if they can do it, Glock could certainly offer frames w/ 3 grip angles if they wanted.

Site Supporter
    I like the Glock grip angle, and find my P365 to be too vertical.

A modular gun has limited value to me. When I need something different, I am unlikely to have time to change the configuration before I run out the door. I would rather have a second gun in the second configuration.

More useful was the ability of the P365 to use a 10 round flat basepad magazine for pocket carry and a 12 round magazine for IWB carry. However, I am back to carrying my G19 or G26 IWB, limiting the P365 to pocket carry. The point at the bottom front of the 12 round magazine with the baseplate for the shorter grip is too sharp, and puts too much wear and tear on clothing.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

A modular gun has limited value to me. When I need something different, I am unlikely to have time to change the configuration before I run out the door. I would rather have a second gun in the second configuration.
    That's a nice thing about modular designs. You can choose to use the modularity or not.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Well, yes, I'm aware there was individuals clamoring for it. My point was that institutions did not seem to be, and that Glock has typically been seen as servicing the institutional markets rather than commercial market, like with H&K, and so it isn't all that surprising at all to me how long they took to create a single stack.
    Agreed.

Like HK and FN, Glock is a European company with a European world view. For a gun company that means seeing themselves primarily as a defense contractor and institutional (MIL, LE/ GOV agencies) as their primary customers.

The age-old advice is "shoemaker stick to your last". The current model of institutionally driven sales & incremental improvement seems to be working well enough for them, and has been for a few decades now.
    We'll see.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I like the Glock grip angle, and find my P365 to be too vertical.

More useful was the ability of the P365 to use a 10 round flat basepad magazine for pocket carry and a 12 round magazine for IWB carry. However, I am back to carrying my G19 or G26 IWB, limiting the P365 to pocket carry. The point at the bottom front of the 12 round magazine with the baseplate for the shorter grip is too sharp, and puts too much wear and tear on clothing.
    The boresight razorback fixed that for me with a p365

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    The boresight razorback fixed that for me with a p365
    Does this grip module increase the thickness of the grip?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I've shot and owned what I consider to be the 3 paradigms of SFA/SFA modularity:

Gen 2 through Gen5 Glocks;

HK P30 and VP;

SIG P320.

The most modular of the 3 platform types was the P320. I took advantage of that by going with one of SIG's aftermarket grip modules, which I preferred over the OEM one, but at the end of the day I simply didn't trust the SIG-particularly for long-term FCU durability, even though mine was a post June 2019 production piece and well vetted.

HK's combination of variable backstraps and side panels is excellent, and is a viable and inexpensive way to tailor the grip.

Glocks aren't necessarily so "natural" as HKs, but one quickly (very quickly) successfully adjusts, and their MBS backstraps are a decent accommodation.

I'll take platform trustworthiness, simplicity, reliability, durability over grip modularity per se.

While Glock could chart another course, I'd be amenable only if the core advantages aren't compromised.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Wink

Does this grip module increase the thickness of the grip?
    Front and back length so in turn it feels more substantial.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Front and back length so in turn it feels more substantial.
    Thank you for the recommendation and that information.

My concern with most of these aftermarket grip modules is defeating the purpose for which I bought the gun, which is having a gun which is as small and as thin as possible while retaining a 10+1 capacity for pocket carry. For this use, size efficiency is critical.

I could see something which adds to the backstrap without increasing any other dimension being useful.

User Tag List