Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taurus Deputy Centerfire Colt SAA Clones

What's going on with that base pin?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    @jetfire are these made in Brazil, the states, or an Italian import?
    On one of the pictures on the site it shows, "Taurus Armas / Made in Brazil" on the right side of the gun. Which would make sense given Brazil's prior experience manufacturing SAA type guns under the "Gaucho" name.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    What's going on with that base pin?
    Looks like a safety pin that can be pushed all the way in to prevent the hammer from striking the transfer bar, with 2 detent positions.

I think its for some kind of import requirement for a safety or something. Some Italian imports do it.
    But thats just a wild guess

On FB Caleb said it has four clicks on cocking.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    https://www.taurususa.com/index.php?...category&id=67

@jetfire are these made in Brazil, the states, or an Italian import?

I'm a huge SAA fan, hopefully another good shooter option. The email mentioned durability enhancements.
    parts are fabricated in Brazil, assembled in the USA. Not an eye-tie import, and most importantly has a transfer bar safety so you can carry with six on board

I am going to snag one of the .357 versions with the 4.75" barrel. I'll bring it to Tac-Con and see if Doc Barranti will make me a rig for it.

I have absolutely no legitimate use for this other than having stupid amounts of fun at the range with friends. We can all take turns yelling "Fill your hands you son of a *****!"

If @jlw is able to attend, we'll let him take first crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have absolutely no legitimate use for this other than having stupid amounts of fun at the range with friends. We can all take turns yelling "Fill your hands you son of a *****!"
    Name:  say when.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  38.2 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3VL2...Q1ZGUxMzBkMA==

This looks like it was a lot of fun to be a part of; @jetfire, is this a different finish? And I assume most SAA-clone grips will (may/should?) fit?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3VL2...Q1ZGUxMzBkMA==

This looks like it was a lot of fun to be a part of; @jetfire, is this a different finish? And I assume most SAA-clone grips will (may/should?) fit?
    Modern SAA clone grips will fit. Dimensionally, the gun is basically the same size as a modern Colt SAA, so it's smaller than the Vaquero by a bit

User Tag List