Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIWB Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Jester560 View Post
    Just my opinion, spend the money and get a Tier 1 Concealment holster as they are the best and most comfortable aiwb made.
    That is highly subjective statement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    That is highly subjective statement.
    It's his opinion, it's supposed to be subjective.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    It's his opinion, it's supposed to be subjective.
    Indeed

First, good on you for taking a class for AIWB. It’s, obviously, a lot different than hip carry.

Re-holstering, hips slightly forward and a holster with a wedge make it MUCH safer.

I agree with others. Typical thicker/stiffer gun belts are not the best choice. A more flexible belt conceals better at the slide (optic). The Tenicor Zero is the best on the market in my option for AIWB. Jeff is a brilliant designer and REALLY tests his gear.

To me JM, Tenicor and Phlster make the best concealment holders. My favorite is the Tenicor Velo 4. It’s just a little wider so it conceals better at the slide/optic too. I also LOVE my JM AIWB models. I have them for the pistols Tenicor doesn’t support. The Phlster Enigma is just incredible for deeper concealment.

Full disclosure- Tenicor is a sponsor of my podcast. I’d still choose Jeff’s gear nonetheless.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Jester560 View Post
    Just my opinion, spend the money and get a Tier 1 Concealment holster as they are the best and most comfortable aiwb made.
    The sidecar style holsters are too bulky imo. I prefer minimal material on a holster

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    The sidecar style holsters are too bulky imo. I prefer minimal material on a holster
    I have no idea how anyone could find a holster design that straddles across the top of the important parts comfortable. In my opinion, it’s a terrible format. I know lots of people dig them and some that I really respect. I just don’t get it…
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Yeah, I know there's a 219-page thread on AIWB already. Please bear with me, I just don't want to go through it to get a relatively simple answer.

I'm going to give AIWB carry a try. I've signed up for a class on how to draw so I don't half-ass it on my own. I've got three holsters that should work for this: a JMCK AIWB for my 3" M10, a Harry's Icon for my J frames, and a holster from a maker I've forgotten for my P99Cs.

My question is, is one of those gun/holster combinations better than the others to start this out? I'm leaning toward the JMCK/M10 combo but could be persuaded.
    The J frame may be the easiest to get used to first because of the size, but I'd recommend the M10 because I'm more familiar with JMCK.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    I have no idea how anyone could find a holster design that straddles across the top of the important parts comfortable. In my opinion, it’s a terrible format. I know lots of people dig them and some that I really respect. I just don’t get it…
    There's a limited body type that they work for, and when they work they work. If they don't work, they really don't work. When a separate pistol and pouch don't work, you have a multitude of ways to manipulate the grip, muzzle, and slide/optic to fix the problems you encounter.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

I'm a "tactical nobody," so take this for what it's worth.

Make sure (if you can), that in addition to the different guns (revolver vs. semi-auto), that you try a couple different pants/belts combinations. I just switched my "everyday" pants, and with the new ones, the gun sits differently (better IMO); I've also switched belts recently, so I did a little pants/belts/holster & gun matrix (I'm an engineer) tryout (three different pants, two different belts, two different guns and holsters, so 12 combinations). I was surprised at how different things felt.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List