Thread: Holosun IRIS Visible / IR Laser Illuminator and Designator

Holosun IRIS Visible / IR Laser Illuminator and Designator

https://soldiersystems.net/2024/01/1...-holosun-iris/

If significantly less than a Dbal or ATPIAL, then this could be my first Holosun product ever.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    https://soldiersystems.net/2024/01/1...-holosun-iris/

If significantly less than a Dbal or ATPIAL, then this could be my first Holosun product ever.
    It is. MSRP is ~1060 USD. Street/MAP is likely to be 800 USD.

Even for the same price as an ATPIAL-C or DBAL-D2, I would take the IRIS over those. I can definitely foresee myself getting one or two for fun guns, while I reserve the high end MFALs for my fighting (AKA LARPing) rifles.

This might take the wind out of the sails of the Z-Bolt ACAL, sadly. Everyone was hyped about that being ~1500 USD. Now Holosun comes along with possibly close to half that on street pricing. The ACAL still has some minor advantages (USA made, huge illumination divergence adjustment range, vis override), but at a significantly higher cost and larger footprint, I'm not sure it'll get half as much traction with the IRIS as a competitor.

It looks like street price is going to be around $900. That's a third of what I paid for my MAWL.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It looks like street price is going to be around $900. That's a third of what I paid for my MAWL.
    MAWLs have also gone up in price these past few years... 3600 USD is current street price, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It is. MSRP is ~1060 USD. Street/MAP is likely to be 800 USD.

Even for the same price as an ATPIAL-C or DBAL-D2, I would take the IRIS over those. I can definitely foresee myself getting one or two for fun guns, while I reserve the high end MFALs for my fighting (AKA LARPing) rifles.

This might take the wind out of the sails of the Z-Bolt ACAL, sadly. Everyone was hyped about that being ~1500 USD. Now Holosun comes along with possibly close to half that on street pricing. The ACAL still has some minor advantages (USA made, huge illumination divergence adjustment range, vis override), but at a significantly higher cost and larger footprint, I'm not sure it'll get half as much traction with the IRIS as a competitor.
    Agreed on the ACAL. We’ve been hearing about it for a very long time. While Z-bolt was hyping its release at Shot, their website says 3rd quarter 2024 release. That’s a long lead time for Holosun to dominate the market with the IRIS.

What I need now is for Cowan to get his paws on an IRIS and hurry up dropping that bitch 5X.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    MAWLs have also gone up in price these past few years... 3600 USD is current street price, it seems.
    Yikes, a 20 percent bump! I got mine a couple of years ago from Big Tex for about $3k. That was still a big investment.

Im extremely interested in this, especially for the size. I've got an old DBAL D2 on my rifle now. If this thing shows itself to be reliable, I could see it possibly replacing the D2 just for weight savings.

Really excited about the IRIS. My only initial dislike is that there seems to be no option to have illuminator only or laser only, its dual all the time. That is just going off of observing the switch from a shot show video, so hopefully I'm wrong here?

A video I watched suggests their new lights come with crane plug tailcaps? I like the idea of consolidating to one type of pressure switch plug.

Great video on Holosun’s IRIS, night vision, therma, and other illumination products.

https://youtu.be/OVn24X-e4To?si=-zrOFrrlKevphjnI

User Tag List