Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Taurus 327 Defender TORO

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Correct it would have to be in 32 h&r mag. As for other places on the internet - that's why I don't bother with places not P-F.

For .32SW - the Lapua Match Wadcutter is the best and most consistent ammo one can buy in .32Long.
    The Lapua’s are the best! And they are proud of them! LOL but my choice for a carry WC for sure.
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Correct it would have to be in 32 h&r mag. As for other places on the internet - that's why I don't bother with places not P-F.

For .32SW - the Lapua Match Wadcutter is the best and most consistent ammo one can buy in .32Long.
    I agree re: other forums. If people are complaining about S&W choosing .32 mag. instead of .327, I have to wonder if they have ever shot something that powerful in a gun that light, and if so, was it a “hold my beer” moment?

Five .357 shots out of a scandium J frame convinced me that I do not want to do that again. For comparison, I have not found .454 Casull or .50 AE in a gun properly designed for them to be uncomfortable.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

This .327 gun looks quite cool in it's own right, but I hope S&W/Lipsey's recent SHOT show success leads Taurus to conclude it's worth pursuing the .32 H&R in lightweight constructions instead of exclusively heavier .327 guns. Also, true rear sights on more small guns. I'm sure Caleb will help them notice the way.

Someone needs to make a revolver frame with a rear sight plate system that has an integrated removable rear sight filler plate like on the original P365 XL. It seems like this could totally solve revolver sights once and for all.

Site Supporter
    +1 for 6 shot lightweight 32 H&Rs and actual rear sights

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    This .327 gun looks quite cool in it's own right, but I hope S&W/Lipsey's recent SHOT show success leads Taurus to conclude it's worth pursuing the .32 H&R in lightweight constructions instead of exclusively heavier .327 guns. Also, true rear sights on more small guns. I'm sure Caleb will help them notice the way.

Someone needs to make a revolver frame with a rear sight plate system that has an integrated removable rear sight filler plate like on the original P365 XL. It seems like this could totally solve revolver sights once and for all.
    It's kinda crazy that I'm saying this, but the Taurus small frame revolvers have a really well done gutter sight. Far better than any I've seen on a smith or a ruger or an other gutter sight style gun....it's honestly about as good as some dovetailed sights I've seen.

I'm sorta with Caleb when he mentioned that adding dovetailed sights would defeat the purpose of something like a 856 or 327 being that much less expensive than a similar option from Smith or Ruger. Especially since Taurus makes a replaceable front sight, you can tune your POI anyways.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    It's kinda crazy that I'm saying this, but the Taurus small frame revolvers have a really well done gutter sight. Far better than any I've seen on a smith or a ruger or an other gutter sight style gun....it's honestly about as good as some dovetailed sights I've seen.

I'm sorta with Caleb when he mentioned that adding dovetailed sights would defeat the purpose of something like a 856 or 327 being that much less expensive than a similar option from Smith or Ruger. Especially since Taurus makes a replaceable front sight, you can tune your POI anyways.
    If a gutter sight "looks" like a decent sight from behind the gun, it's mostly fine

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

I recently got the orange Ameriglo front sight from Taurus and put it on my 856. While it's nicer than the factory black blade, I can see right away why Caleb likes the XS standard dot better. In light of DB's comments on the new Lipseys UC guns, I'm going to install green XS Standard Dots on both my 856 and SP-101. Since both guns are stainless, I will dremel out the rear notches to U shape if I feel the need to.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List