Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staccato Annouces Ammo Line

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Wow they are out of their minds with that pricing
    Good thing Staccato pistols are cheap...

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Wow they are out of their minds with that pricing
    They're banking on ego and keeping up with the Jonses'.

In the add, around the 3:20 re: match ammo, the guy's leading phrase is "Your friends will be full of envy, and you'll be full of smiles"

Sounds like they need to work on making more meaningful friendships to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I'm genuinely curious how their operation is going to work. I know there are numerous hurdles to selling ammo on the commercial market. Licenses, insurance, etc. Plus the expected production will determine material investments. What components are they making / sourcing. Are they running D1050s with autodrives, did they buy up commercial equipment such as Camdex, or perhaps develop and engineer their own? At least they already have lines of distribution, market awareness, and ad space.

Perhaps our own @Lost River has some thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm genuinely curious how they fire millions of rounds in product development and product testing.
    In short, Stacatto has the funding and other resources to get into the ammo business above the “bunch of 1050s” level if they want to.

Stacatto’s current owner is a Billionaire (with a B) who is a shooter and is not shy about investing in the company and the shooting community. Stacatto recently bought the old Front site facility in Nevada and recently moved out of the old STI factory in Georgetown TX to a brand new and much larger facility located 20 minutes away on an 800 acre ranch. They’ve already built the first of several planned outdoor ranges in the property adjacent to the factory. The goal is for both locations to be shooting destinations for training and events.

They’ve been working on the ammo thing for a while. In addition to new product testing and production QC, they have a pro staff of shooters, a training division and they sponsor shooting events so going through a large volume of ammunition is certainly possible.

I do agree the retail pricing on their ammunition is unrealistic.

User Tag List