Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staccato Annouces Ammo Line

Staccato Annouces Ammo Line

News is about two minutes in.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yawn. Will it be wildly overpriced and have an insane wait time? Oh wait, that's all ammunition today. Will it be REALLY INSANELY overpriced with a 6 month wait time?

Seriously, more folks making quality ammo is never going to be a bad thing. But I hate to see companies "expanding" their product line into stuff they haven't made before. It has historically resulted in drops in quality in the primarily line (lookin' at you, Sig!)

The statements made ar 3:20 ring of over promise and under deliver.
    Taking a break from social media.

Question: Are all these companies who are claiming to be manufacturing ammo actually making it themselves in their own factories, or are they following the chinese model and buying manufacturing time in factories that are owned by a different party? Lots of U.S. manufacturers are buying manufacturing time in chinese factories for products that are being made with their own supplied tooling and fixtures in said chinese factories, by that facilities employees. I believe that SIGs ammo was being developed and manufactured by Sierra, but branded "SIG". How many ammo plants are there in the country anyway? The overhead has to be horrendous for an ammo plant, especially from the liability end.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Question: Are all these companies who are claiming to be manufacturing ammo actually making it themselves in their own factories, or are they following the chinese model and buying manufacturing time in factories that are owned by a different party? Lots of U.S. manufacturers are buying manufacturing time in chinese factories for products that are being made with their own supplied tooling and fixtures in said chinese factories, by that facilities employees. I believe that SIGs ammo was being developed and manufactured by Sierra, but branded "SIG". How many ammo plants are there in the country anyway? The overhead has to be horrendous for an ammo plant, especially from the liability end.
    There are only a few companies that make gun powder. Which is actually where the bottleneck comes. I actually doubt that even Federal who make virtually all of their components - make their own powders. Winchester makes its own brass, bullets, and primers, but Winchester powder for is made today by Hodgdon.

It is impossible for STI/STACCATO to have created an ammunition factory from scratch without significant investment (read: several hundred million bucks). So, my guess is this is Staccato-branded ammunition made by a commercial loading outfit or at best it is selected/contracted components assembled on commercial loading presses by Staccato.

I'm genuinely curious how their operation is going to work. I know there are numerous hurdles to selling ammo on the commercial market. Licenses, insurance, etc. Plus the expected production will determine material investments. What components are they making / sourcing. Are they running D1050s with autodrives, did they buy up commercial equipment such as Camdex, or perhaps develop and engineer their own? At least they already have lines of distribution, market awareness, and ad space.

Perhaps our own @Lost River has some thoughts.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I'm genuinely curious how their operation is going to work. I know there are numerous hurdles to selling ammo on the commercial market. Licenses, insurance, etc. Plus the expected production will determine material investments. What components are they making / sourcing. Are they running D1050s with autodrives, did they buy up commercial equipment such as Camdex, or perhaps develop and engineer their own? At least they already have lines of distribution, market awareness, and ad space.

Perhaps our own @Lost River has some thoughts.
    I'm genuinely curious how they fire millions of rounds in product development and product testing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Sig has production facilities in Jacksonville Arkansas.
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

https://staccato2011.com/shop/ammo

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Wow they are out of their minds with that pricing

User Tag List