Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Beretta 92G-TS

Anyone shoot a GTS yet? I've handled one and like it a lot but I'm concerned by reports of the levers on SAO 92s wearing on people's thumbs while shooting. I could feel a potential hot spot when riding the lever.

I haven't seen internal parts yet but thinking that the twin sear is a really good idea. Think of a standard sear that kind of slides under the shelf as the hammer goes back. And then needs to slide out from under the shelf to fire the gun, and needs to do that very smoothly for a good trigger feel. Now think if, rather than firing the gun, the sear has to jam itself under the half cock shelf to catch the hammer before it hits the firing pin. Seems to me that could end up battering the sear engagement surface leading to a rough trigger pull. So go to a twin sear and use one to catch the half cock shelf and the other to fire the gun in SA mode. One sear can take the battering while the other acts normally so a nice trigger pull is maintained. Brilliant. Ben G can you provide pics or drawings of how the TS works?

Site Supporter
    I examined one of these at the LGS today. The decock lever did not seem like it would rub my thumb in a painful way while shooting.

On the other hand while the decock lever is in a good place, it was a bit difficult for me to decock the gun without shifting my grip. People with longer/bigger thumbs may not have the same problem. I just couldn't get enough leverage to make it easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    On the other hand while the decock lever is in a good place, it was a bit difficult for me to decock the gun without shifting my grip. People with longer/bigger thumbs may not have the same problem. I just couldn't get enough leverage to make it easy to do.
    I had the same impression handling one at a recent gun show.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Anyone shoot a GTS yet? I've handled one and like it a lot but I'm concerned by reports of the levers on SAO 92s wearing on people's thumbs while shooting. I could feel a potential hot spot when riding the lever.
    Just keep shooting, that spot will toughen up.

Actually, been there, done that. My Shadow 2 was a huge offender.

Heard the same about the levers on the XI’s too. Can’t wait for more feedback

I picked up a launch edition but haven’t shot it yet.

The manual of arms is very intuitive. Since you decock with an upward stroke of your thumb there is no chance of an accidental decock. 1911 fans will appreciate that you can use the lever as a thumb’s-high rest.

I believe it was Honest Outlaw who didn’t like the 92XI digging into his strong hand. He rides the safeties of 1911’s and if you have big hands like him I could see the back edge of the decocker digging in. My right thumb doesn’t exert any pressure on the frame so it won’t bother me, I’m right handed and while gripping the gun my normal way I don’t feel anything digging because my thumb is above that point.

If you were to shoot it single handed bullseye style with your thumb riding the decocker you will feel it.

Found it…
    <insert witty signature here>

Please let us know how it shoots when you get a chance. I yanked the safety out of an M&P 1.0 .45 that was seriously obnoxious. That's obviously not an option here.

User Tag List