Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92G-TS

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Thank you, we're all working hard here to do cool stuff for you all.

And yes, believe me we know that texture and ergos need a refresh, but the international MIL/LE contracts and service commitments are keeping us locked into the current tooling for now.
    "Governments giveth, and governments taketh away... mostly taketh away."

Alas, any change will be a day late and a dollar short for me to re-equip with the PX4 after dropping the coin I did to trade everything over to the 92X platform. Still, I remain adamant that a grip frame change is necessary and will do wonders in getting new people to consider the line.

It'll be good, even if I ain't around to see it.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

The only time I decock our 92s is immediately prior to holstering. And I do it w/ my other hand. Do people actually want to be able to decock w/ one hand only?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    The only time I decock our 92s is immediately prior to holstering. And I do it w/ my other hand. Do people actually want to be able to decock w/ one hand only?
    Yes, if I’m carrying traditional double action with a decocker I decock everything I come off target. That said my current Beretta is a D model so it isn’t an issue.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I have always preferred frame decockers that require a downward motion to decock like the USP series of gun utilize. This is more similar to the Browning BDM decocker (although it does reset back to fire automatically) and just seems counterintuitive to me. That said I like the looks and it definitely negates one of the biggest gripes of the platform.

Still, why didn’t the copy the USP system giving the shooter the option of condition 1 carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I have always preferred frame decockers that require a downward motion to decock like the USP series of gun utilize. This is more similar to the Browning BDM decocker (although it does reset back to fire automatically) and just seems counterintuitive to me. That said I like the looks and it definitely negates one of the biggest gripes of the platform.

Still, why didn’t the copy the USP system giving the shooter the option of condition 1 carry?
    I'm confused as well; trying to figure out the user group for this? I initially thought this must be aimed at the competition community who like the steel Performance guns and use the large safety lever as a speed pedal of sorts to counter recoil. Competitors don't really use the Performance gun from a Condition One start, so I could see a steel gun with a decocker in place of the safety, because no one uses the safety. But this isn't a steel gun. So, sure, more options are great, but I guess I just don't understand who is asking for this?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm confused as well; trying to figure out the user group for this? I initially thought this must be aimed at the competition community who like the steel Performance guns and use the large safety lever as a speed pedal of sorts to counter recoil. Competitors don't really use the Performance gun from a Condition One start, so I could see a steel gun with a decocker in place of the safety, because no one uses the safety. But this isn't a steel gun. So, sure, more options are great, but I guess I just don't understand who is asking for this?
    I’m guessing it’s for the people who like pretty much everything about the 92 except the slide mounted decocker. I recall it being one of the things the platform detractors always mentioned. This gun would have rocked back in the 80s.

If I wasn't already so used to the slide mount, and didn't own acouple slide mounted guns, this would be seriously getting more attention from me.

Honestly, I think it's a better way to skin a cat. Im stuck on slide mount. Granted. But the frame mounted decocker is a more natural movement for most people, and in a place that is easier for most people to access.

Absolute flub on the name. 90% of people are going to think this means thumb safety. Not twin sear. Nonsense. Similar to how TGC news thinks "Px4 G-SD" is stupid because it isn't suppressed. Most don't understand the history of the Super Dave Special Duty. But I don't expect the Italian side of the house to get that. I like the products, so who cares.

If the Elite LTT, M9, M9A1, and maybe one or two other models kept the slide mounted decock and the rest went to frame mounted I wouldn't bat an eye.

Site Supporter
    It would make sense to me as a safety/decocker. It’s a more efficient way to combine the functions, but if I’m using a decock only gun, then I prefer to push down.

Nevertheless, credit go Beretta for trying to meet user demand and for making quality products. While I wish they would have made a version that is like the 80x system, I hope they sell tons of these.

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    I think its dumb, all 92 series slide mounted guns de-cock with a downward motion, they should have done the same with this gun so there would be commonality of training. YMMV
    I personally think they made the right choice. Many shooters (especially those weened on the 1911) shoot with their thumb on the “safety“. This could lead to unintentional decocking. Using the upward motion would negate that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    I’m confused about the “twin sear”. Unclear why is necessary? Well I’m just glad the folks who spaz over slide-mounted decocker are now made complete.
    I’m just gonna take a wild guess, that the second seer is to catch the hammer as it decocks. You don’t want the hammer slamming down on the firing pin as it’s not designed to take repeated hits from a fully cock hammer. The second sear idea is similar to what HK uses in their DA/SA pistols. The slide mounted decocker doesn’t need this, because a drum rotates to block the firing pin.

User Tag List