Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92G-TS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I personally think they made the right choice. Many shooters (especially those weened on the 1911) shoot with their thumb on the “safety“. This could lead to unintentional decocking. Using the upward motion would negate that issue.
    That's what I was thinking. This new GTS model should seem pretty natural to a 1911 shooter. De-cocking when coming down off the target will be the same motion as engaging the thumb safety on a 1911 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I personally think they made the right choice. Many shooters (especially those weened on the 1911) shoot with their thumb on the “safety“. This could lead to unintentional decocking. Using the upward motion would negate that issue.
    and Robinson said, 'That's what I was thinking. This new GTS model should seem pretty natural to a 1911 shooter. De-cocking when coming down off the target will be the same motion as engaging the thumb safety on a 1911 as well.'
    Now I am seeing that this could work out well. I am not a 1911 shooter so these perspectives did not occur to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    and Robinson said, 'That's what I was thinking. This new GTS model should seem pretty natural to a 1911 shooter. De-cocking when coming down off the target will be the same motion as engaging the thumb safety on a 1911 as well.'
    Now I am seeing that this could work out well. I am not a 1911 shooter so these perspectives did not occur to me.
    Also shares with the manual of arms for the existing SA 92s.

Site Supporter
    This also has a 1 piece firing pin, which anecdotally, I've heard allows you to drop another pound off the hammer spring with the same reliability, IE a 12lb instead of a 13 etc

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    This also has a 1 piece firing pin, ...
    Probably why the decocker drops the hammer to half cock and not all the way down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Probably why the decocker drops the hammer to half cock and not all the way down.
    Thats the Twin Sear- catches the hammer at the half cock. There is also the usual firing pin block. But it does not need the "break" in the firing pin for the rotating slide mounted decocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Thats the Twin Sear- catches the hammer at the half cock. There is also the usual firing pin block. But it does not need the "break" in the firing pin for the rotating slide mounted decocker.
    Yes, because there is no firing pin plunger to rotate out of the way, to keep the hammer from dropping on the firing pin, the decocker stops the hammer at the half cock.

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm definitely interested. I haven't picked up a 92X just because my 92A1 / Wilson grips / X300U package doesn't need any real improvement. But this might be enough to add another 92 over.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    The more I think about this, the more appealing the concept is. I don’t shoot 92s as well as P series sigs or PX4s, but I still have a soft spot for them. A decocker that mimics engaging the safety on a 1911, and that doesn’t constantly whack my strong hand thumb during recoil sounds pretty nice.

I think its smart that to decock the gun, the lever must be pushed up instead of down to preclude the chance of accidentally decocking the gun while shooting. It's actually why I like the 92G having the decocker on the slide compared to other pistols with the decocker on the frame. No chance of accidentally activating it while shooting. While it's never happened to me on my USP's, it's something I think about. I have had it happen to me on a CZ.

User Tag List