Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92G-TS

Site Supporter

Beretta 92G-TS

The 92 with the 80X style thumb safety/decocker is here.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Played with one of those at HQ, too. It was easier to use than I thought it would be.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Played with one of those at HQ, too. It was easier to use than I thought it would be.
    Improvement or just different than the slide mounted safety? What about if it's just a G variation?

Thanks

We need to discuss the naming conventions of these guns.

92G-TS

Because this is actually getting confusing. Prior to this the G has been a decock only model.

G + Thumb Safety doesn't make sense.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    We need to discuss the naming conventions of these guns.

92G-TS

Because this is actually getting confusing. Prior to this the G has been a decock only model.

G + Thumb Safety doesn't make sense.

I *think* this might be Decock only from watching the video. @TCinVA ?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Improvement or just different than the slide mounted safety? What about if it's just a G variation?

Thanks
    I didn't ask that when I was handling one of the guns (the one I handled was all black, dunno if that makes a difference) but I expected pressing up on the lever to decock to be a bit of a hassle, but it wasn't. Just a little deliberate movement with the end of my thumb was all it took. In my limited time handling it, it seemed like it would be easier for somebody who had problems reaching the slide-mounted levers.

In my head I think I remember them saying that it wasn't capable of being used cocked and locked and was basically just a G model with the decocker moved to the frame, but I could be misremembering that.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I still see the 96A1 on Beretta's site but it looks like the 92A1 is gone. Or was that already known?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I still see the 96A1 on Beretta's site but it looks like the 92A1 is gone. Or was that already known?
    I wasn't aware the 92A1 was gone, so thanks for the heads up.

My assumption has always been Beretta must have some institutional shooters that still want a 90 Series gun in .40 S&W which is why the 96A1 is still around. I think Beretta would just as soon not make any guns in .40 S&W, but if you want to shoot .40 S&W out of a Beretta, they'd probably rather you did it out of a PX4 or APX. I expected the 92A1 would go away when the 96A1 went away, since with all the other 92 Series guns in the line up, the 92A1 isn't really needed anymore. Perhaps they just took it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

In my head I think I remember them saying that it wasn't capable of being used cocked and locked and was basically just a G model with the decocker moved to the frame, but I could be misremembering that.
    I hope its this.

I suppose I can see the attraction not only in arguably easier reach with smaller hands or one hand, but also for shooters who also use SAO guns. With this, decocking is the same motion as returning to safe with most guns that have manual safeties. So you always make the same motion to “safe” the gun, whether that’s actually applying a safety or safely lowering the hammer.

User Tag List