Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New from S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The limited edition version is hot AF:

Obligatory DocGKR content:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ll=1#post75142

A one of one thousand!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm confused. This is just a Henry Big Boy side gate made by S&W? Where's the beef?
    Is it actually made by Henry? I can see the resemblance.

Maybe I'm just a S&W hater, but I really can't see the point of this:
    -price is as high or higher than a Marlin
    -S&W QC+CS is surely worse than Ruger
    -big clunky lever loop. Action looks clunky from the footage.
    -ugly safety
    -I will admit pic rail and both tube & gate loading are good features to have.
    -dumb name. Why not call it the SW1894? Sounds dumb when other lever actions are named after the year the model they are based on was born, while this one is a totally random marketing number.

This launch edition looks great, but not $3000 great.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Is it actually made by Henry? I can see the resemblance.
    I as thinking that it looked more like a older Marlin 336, shrunk down to.44. I just watched a YouTube video on it, and it looks well made to me, forged receiver, stainless barrel, mag tube. I don’t like how the trigger flops around, but I figure somebody will have a fix for this by about next week 😜, you can take the lever out, and pull the bolt out, you can at least clean the barrel from the chamber end, which imo is a excellent idea. I can already see the aftermarket potential here..I’m going to wait and see, but I think this might be a good little rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    -dumb name. Why not call it the SW1894? Sounds dumb when other lever actions are named after the year the model they are based on was born, while this one is a totally random marketing number.
    Not totally random:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In 1854, partners Horace Smith and Daniel B. Wesson joined with Courtlandt Palmer, the businessman who had purchased the Jennings and Smith-Jennings patent rights,[3] and further improved on the operating mechanism, developing the Smith & Wesson Lever pistol, and a new Volcanic cartridge. Production was in the shop of Horace Smith in Norwich, Connecticut. The new cartridge improved upon the Hunt Rocket Ball with the addition of a primer. Originally using the name "Smith & Wesson Company", the name was changed to "Volcanic Repeating Arms Company" in 1855, with the addition of new investors, one of which was Oliver Winchester. The Volcanic Repeating Arms Company obtained all rights for the Volcanic designs (both rifle and pistol versions were in production by this time) as well as the ammunition, from the Smith & Wesson Company. Wesson remained as plant manager for 8 months before rejoining Smith to found the "Smith & Wesson Revolver Company" upon obtaining the licensing of the Rollin White rear loading cylinder patent.
    Which they allude to in the ad copy.

The limited edition looks sharp. Now cut the price a lot and make a .357 version... 😀
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Yeah except this gun has nothing in common with any Volcanic levergun right?

It would be like if Henry introduced a "Model 1860 henry" and it was a big boy variant instead of a model 1860. It makes it seem like the company has no comprehension of their own history.

Site Supporter
    It looks nice. I like a big loop for gloves. But I’m not going to buy one.

It’s not the ugliest rifle I’ve seen, but it’s not pretty.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    In the owner's manual, they are also listing a .45 Colt and .357 version.

I like the 1/20 twist on the .44.

Push button safeties are easily removed or neutered.

I am a levergun cocotte, so I will probably have one.

I guess the biggest question is go with the .44 or wait for the .357 or .45 Colt.

.44 Mag is versatile and effective, especially out of rifle barrel....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List