Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: H9 is back on the menu!

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    What was the big issue with the OG H9? I always thought their going under was a combination of stuff. Some QC, some poor money management and largely prematurely announcing a newer lighter model which automatically guaranteed buyers holding out waiting for the newer model
    Hudson changed the specs on parts it contracted CVMI to make. They had to, because of reliability issues. They alleged that CVMI had given them out-of-spec parts, CVMI alleged that the specifications were changed.

Regardless, Hudson was assembling guns with the out-of-spec parts and selling them. They had to, because they did not have operating capital. They needed the money to pay bills. Then one day the money and parts ran out. Hudson shut its doors overnight and filed bankruptcy a few days later.

When that happened they had ~90 customer guns in for warranty repair. Which had been fully disassembled and were never returned to their owners. In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, they sold the H9 IP to Daniel Defense and liquidated the remaining parts they had, CVMI did the same.

At the end of the day, the Hudsons has millions of dollars in capital unaccounted for. And thousands of defective guns they had put on the market. And that's where the Hudson-part of this story ends.

I went to the indoor range today and sure enough they had a DD H9 for demo.
    I think
    Pro
    Grip is OK, angle lets it come on target like 1911.
    Low bore and muzzle weight make it shoot "flat."

Con
    Godawful trigger.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I think
    Pro

Con
    Godawful trigger.
    Rented one today too.

Same issue. Grip was ok. Shot flat enough but nothing special

Trigger was awkward. Shooting at speed felt horrible (even quick indoor range speed)

https://imgur.com/a/XxkNrPY

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    I don't see how DD can say, "yes, the thumb safety is coming soon" without risking having a bunch of buyers sitting on the sidelines to wait it out.

C'mon, man. This is what they do.
    I mean my understanding is Hudson screwed up by announcing the aluminum version which caused people to cancel current orders for the steel framed version that were already being produced. I think it is smart to play it close to the vest and let the hype of this one drive sales before announcing a version with a safety.

I think
    Pro

Con
    Godawful trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Rented one today too.

Same issue. Grip was ok. Shot flat enough but nothing special

Trigger was awkward. Shooting at speed felt horrible (even quick indoor range speed)

https://imgur.com/a/XxkNrPY
    Can you guys give us a bit or a sense of what was bad about it? Length, weight, vague?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Can you guys give us a bit or a sense of what was bad about it? Length, weight, vague?
    It just feels off.

Reach is medium 1911 (I prefer short 1911 trigger)

But the fact you have to depress the trigger safety then pull straight back just felt weird. Often slow fire I would be like why hasn't this fired yet

Would not be a big deal if it was the main gun I shot

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    It just feels off.

Reach is medium 1911 (I prefer short 1911 trigger)

But the fact you have to depress the trigger safety then pull straight back just felt weird. Often slow fire I would be like why hasn't this fired yet

Would not be a big deal if it was the main gun I shot
    Seeing similar thoughts out there. Lots of take up, kind of vague, not right but not "wrong", just not good.

Seems like the kind of problem easily resolved with an Apex trigger that basically becomes a flat 1911-trigger and you know since you replace the trigger and make it a bit lighter, crisper, and shorter - maybe a...Thumb safety?

Nah. That's too radical.

The trigger on the one here was hard and heavy, with "slap" or backlash.

Maybe it is like the demo Echelon they had. It had a sub-Glock trigger. But the second one I saw was not bad at all.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

The trigger on the one here was hard and heavy, with "slap" or backlash.

Maybe it is like the demo Echelon they had. It had a sub-Glock trigger. But the second one I saw was not bad at all.
    Mine didn't have that. Mine would have been great with say a 1911 trigger lol

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Thumb safety or bust. That was the appeal of the original H9 - a 1911-esque thumb safety + grip frame.
    No thumb safety on the original

User Tag List