Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: H9 is back on the menu!

I just think it looks cool. If i had the disposable income i would get one just because i like odd designs etc...same with the archon. I'm past the point of chasing the ONE. But i still like cool stuff.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I asked my partner in crime, who is at SHOT, if he would inquire about the thumb safety situation on the DD H9. The response he got was, "Maybe in the future."

Was hoping for an emphatic, "Yes. We're working on it now."

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I asked my partner in crime, who is at SHOT, if he would inquire about the thumb safety situation on the DD H9. The response he got was, "Maybe in the future."

Insert sad "womp-waa" failure music from Price is Right here
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Booo.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I don't see how DD can say, "yes, the thumb safety is coming soon" without risking having a bunch of buyers sitting on the sidelines to wait it out.

C'mon, man. This is what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    I don't see how DD can say, "yes, the thumb safety is coming soon" without risking having a bunch of buyers sitting on the sidelines to wait it out.

C'mon, man. This is what they do.
    That is a possibility, I am only reporting the info I was given.

I'm not sure that folks who would hold out for a thumb safety were going to buy a non-TS variant anyways. I know I won't be. I'm strictly thumb safety or bust. I suspect H9 buyers fall into one of those two camps - make it as much like a striker 1911 as possible or make it as much like a 1911-gripped Glock as possible. I kind of have my doubts that the Venn diagram of H9 buyers overlaps all that much.

That all said - we KNOW the future will include optics, a polymer frame, threaded barrels, etc. So a thumb safety is of course a possibility. With the significant rework of the design it may no longer be feasible to incorporate a thumb safety as easily as it was (ostensibly) able to be incorporated before.

A friend texted that the local rental range has one. Seems early but they push DD rifles and may have an inside track. I will be there this afternoon with Garmin in tow, and will check it out.

It is on Handgunhero so you can compare size and layout to other guns.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

My brother is hellbent on getting one of these ASAP. I told him about the sh*tshow with the original H9 and advised to wait until any potential bugs could surface and be worked out, but I believe he's going to get one anyway once he finds one in stock. He and I share a family trait of continually getting out of spec guns, so I hope this is an exception. I was burned 3 times in a row by DD rifles, so I might be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    My brother is hellbent on getting one of these ASAP. I told him about the sh*tshow with the original H9 and advised to wait until any potential bugs could surface and be worked out, but I believe he's going to get one anyway once he finds one in stock…
    https://youtu.be/mGfBEnBw01A?si=qe48a4k6G0E9NkhP
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

What was the big issue with the OG H9? I always thought their going under was a combination of stuff. Some QC, some poor money management and largely prematurely announcing a newer lighter model which automatically guaranteed buyers holding out waiting for the newer model

User Tag List