Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: H9 is back on the menu!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It may be a good idea for DD to make an offer for Hudson owners who want to trade their lemons for the new gun- say $400 or so (I'm just pulling a number out of the air here).
    Then smelt the old guns.
    Not really. At best it’s l a marketing gimmick and an expensive one at that. In reality it would reinforce the negative association between the failed original H9 and the DD redesign.

Honestly, while I have full faith in DD’s engineering prowess to make a gun the actually works, I don’t see any real purpose for this thing but as a range toy and hipster flex.

The people that bought the original H9s and will buy the new H9s are going to (unironically) buy what they want. A few hundred bucks won’t sway them significantly.

PS:

It’s apparently still using the S&W 5900 series magazines, which are functional but sort of a dead end since S&W 5900 series guns are long out of production..

Fair enough.
    Conversely, it could also be seen as a financial vote confidence in the new re-design, and a bit of Good Will towards those who got stuck with a bad gun.
    And it's not like there's millions of the things out there.

But it all comes down to the +'s and -'s. After all, they're running a business.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Will Daniel Defense warranty the old Hudson H9’s?

How about we see how these things are actually running in a few months before we appoint AOC as the CFO of DD?

Gobsmacked at this narrative.

I can’t believe this thing is back. It shoots no better than a Steyr, Caracal, or Arsenal. Move the spring whereever you want, the reciprocating mass is still above and in front of the wrists. The mass of the slide and how it’s sprung is oodles more important than its height.

Name:  IMG_4020.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  41.3 KB

That’s from the old marketing videos demonstrating how flat the H9 was.

Name:  IMG_4018.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  81.0 KB

That’s a high-bore axis Sig P320. Both guns are at full slide travel with brass visibly just ejecting from the port. Both guns are equally flat. One gun costs less than half what the other costs.

I hope the DD H9 works better than the old ones, and I hope Marty makes a billion dollars selling them to happy customers. As someone with a disposable income to spend on pistols, I’m not going to be swimming in that pool.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

How is typical WML switchology with the rail that low? How well does it interact with holsters if a WML is mounted that low?

Site Supporter
    DD has moved to a more conventional recoil spring placement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    I can’t believe this thing is back. It shoots no better than a Steyr, Caracal, or Arsenal. Move the spring whereever you want, the reciprocating mass is still above and in front of the wrists. The mass of the slide and how it’s sprung is oodles more important than its height.

That’s a high-bore axis Sig P320. Both guns are at full slide travel with brass visibly just ejecting from the port. Both guns are equally flat. One gun costs less than half what the other costs.

I hope the DD H9 works better than the old ones, and I hope Marty makes a billion dollars selling them to happy customers. As someone with a disposable income to spend on pistols, I’m not going to be swimming in that pool.
    But, but - I was told that it felt like getting a handjob from Lauren Boebert with every squeeze of the trigger…
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    But, but - I was told that it felt like getting a handjob from Lauren Boebert with every squeeze of the trigger…

Well, that lends new meaning to a failure to eject; "short-stroke" anyone?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    So, instead is it more like a handy from HRC or AOC?

Asking for a friend.

___

I honestly never got the 'super flat shooting' hype thing of the Hudson and don't buy it now for the DD. The reason the H9 appeals to me, a Gun Hipster and 1911-fan, has everything to do with 1911-ergos and the promised 1911-style thumb safety that make it some kind of mythical hybrid of 1911 ergonomics, BHP magazine capacity, striker fired ass end shape that could be easier to conceal. Of course in the intervening years since the Hudson disappeared we have had a number of guns come out that help bridge those gaps. Including a bunch of double-stack 1911s that do it.

Still, none of them quite have the hybrid blend the H9 promises. Maybe there is a reason for that, maybe not. The reality is with the Hudson version of the H9, we never got enough of them out and running long enough to figure out what actually sucked and did not suck about them, besides the obvious, "They don't fucking work.".

I hope the DD H9 solves that problem and allows more thorough dive into the benefits (or not) of the H9.

User Tag List