Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H9 is back on the menu!

Site Supporter
    I like new DD gun. I think pricing wise it’s at a good market point just a bit more than the bargain 2011’s and considerably cheaper than Staccato’s etc. If they had a thumb safety I’d be at the LGS tomorrow to be put on a list as an early adopter

Also, don’t go to the comments sections on the videos about these where people accuse anyone who would drop $1300 on a pistol as brainwashed victims of the MSM and vaccines.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Rob, I think the point than many of us have is that the video made it clear that, while DD may have bought the rights to the H9, this new offering is a complete redesign of the original concept. They share a single spring, the sear block spring, when it comes to parts commonality. Everything else is a complete redesign and not compatible with the original Hudson pistol - frame, barrel, slide, magazines, extractor, slide release, recoil spring, guide rod, etc. are all new design.

So, short of simply giving existing Hudson owners a new H9, how were you expecting them to service these problematic guns that share a single spring of parts commonality with their new design? Do you expect DD to manufacture brand new parts for a defective design? How will that help these problematic guns that suffer from a faulty design?

I like you man, but the concept that you’re floating is coming out of left field. It’s not only financially impossible, it would tarnish DDs reputation to work on guns that have no chance of ever running like their new product.
    Ah, now I see where the confusion came from.

I read the press release. On DD's website, which does not say anything about the redesign.

I didn't watch the videos at all. Because I literally never watch anyone's Youtube coverage of gun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Ah, now I see where the confusion came from.

I read the press release. On DD's website, which does not say anything about the redesign.

I didn't watch the videos at all. Because I literally never watch anyone's Youtube coverage of gun stuff.
    No worries man. It’s all good. Party on.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I love the look of this new H9 versus the old one. It loks very futuristic and reminds me of something I would see in Shadowrun or Cyberpunk 2077. And I am a huge fan of that look. I am just wondering when they will make a polymer version. I also can seeing them do the Glock pattern and make a longslide, a full size, a compact, and a subcompact version as well. From what I understand this uses Sig P22X series sites which means they can be changed out pretty easily, and if you just bought one you can already change the sites since they in pretty common usage.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of this design? Like, what does it do that makes it special or desirable? I guess it looks sort of cool, but is there some secret performance feature?

Also, multiple people have mentioned how bad the original Hudsons were? What were the flaws that made them so bad?

Looks like DD is planning to introduce a number of variants, including ones with thumb safeties.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Can someone explain to me the appeal of this design? Like, what does it do that makes it special or desirable? I guess it looks sort of cool, but is there some secret performance feature?

Also, multiple people have mentioned how bad the original Hudsons were? What were the flaws that made them so bad?
    The design of the recoil spring assembly in front of the trigger guard and a few other features allow an extremely low bore axis (probably the lowest on the market) to minimize muzzle rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The design of the recoil spring assembly in front of the trigger guard and a few other features allow an extremely low bore axis (probably the lowest on the market) to minimize muzzle rise.
    Is it lower than the Lago Alien?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Is it lower than the Lago Alien?
    There is a reason why I used the qualifier “probably” in that post and the Alien is it. I don’t think that we know for sure yet since the new H9 will be dimensionally different from the original and I’m not aware of anyone sharing a comparison just yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post

The linear trigger and a very 1911 thumb safety (if/when they’re an available) are the two biggest draws for me. Low bore axis is honestly kinda secondary.

The biggest problem with the originals was poor manufacturing, materials and tolerance stacking leading to guns not working. Iirc “oops our contractor for x part didn’t make them to spec, but we assembled and sold a bunch of pistols with those shitty parts because we still owed that vendor money for the previous parts order” was one of their struggles.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List