Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PX4 G SD

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    In general, or with the GG flat trigger?
    The flat trigger. Mainly the angle and how far forward it is. I wouldn’t make a judgement unless I had tried it.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    {edit: quote doesn't need the video itself}
    All the flat shooting accuracy things in one go. Except this: like the 92x Performance, IMO a metal frame is needed to add mass and "make the gun even more stable and minimize jump during firing" (from the 92x page).

It would be ... let's see, PX4 G, accurized, metal frame: a Cougar. Can has in .45?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    The flat trigger. Mainly the angle and how far forward it is. I wouldn’t make a judgement unless I had tried it.
    It’s about as far forward as my GG flat trigger equipped P30s, but a LEM takeup is very different from TDA. I’d want to handle one first.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    All the flat shooting accuracy things in one go. Except this: like the 92x Performance, IMO a metal frame is needed to add mass and "make the gun even more stable and minimize jump during firing" (from the 92x page).

It would be ... let's see, PX4 G, accurized, metal frame: a Cougar. Can has in .45?
    Word.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=Y5XpI...&v=-QttFJxRhVs

ETA iPhone doesn’t seem to post the YT link right through the controls
    Last edited by JHC; 01-22-2024 at 06:36 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Hmm. I’d like to hear from someone who has shot it about the reach on the da.
    We had one as a T&E from Beretta around 2009-10, when we were looking at new duty guns. It had some good qualities, but folks were looking for a shuttle bus to get from the backstrap to the trigger...and this new trigger looks worse in that regard.

What I don't understand: a PX4 Special Duty already exists (at least in Europe), as a .45 ACP with threaded barrel. So this new PX4 Special Duty is now a regular PX4 fullsize with heavier barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    What I don't understand: a PX4 Special Duty already exists (at least in Europe), as a .45 ACP with threaded barrel. So this new PX4 Special Duty is now a regular PX4 fullsize with heavier barrel?
    Yes, it's a 9mm PX4 with a heavier barrel.

The .45 Special Duty was developed around 2010 for US Military trials. https://www.beretta.com/en-us/produc...-type-f-FA0064

The 9mm/.40 S&W guns are different size guns than the .45 Auto guns.

That makes sense, thank you! So that means we should also see this model show up internationally in the future? I mean, there is no indication that this is somehow a Beretta USA or Langdon exclusive, right?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    That makes sense, thank you! So that means we should also see this model show up internationally in the future? I mean, there is no indication that this is somehow a Beretta USA or Langdon exclusive, right?
    That’s a good question. It was developed jointly by Beretta and Langdon Tactical. From what Ben-G has explained, I think the G-SDs will be produced in Italy… so, you think they’d sell it anywhere they sell PX4s (which are all made in Italy), not just in the USA. But who knows.

I’m wondering if it will only be available for purchase through LTT or if any distributor/reseller can carry them. Can you purchase guns through LTT where you are?
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

User Tag List