Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PX4 G SD

I’m wondering if Beretta might offer the thicker 9mm barrel by itself. I’m also wondering if it is the same OD as the .40 barrel?

However, I have tested a standard 9mm barrel in a .40 slide. Yes, the muzzle end of the barrel was loose in the slide, but that’s also an issue with most 92-style pistols. The main lockup happens in the grooved lug area or the locking block of a 92. Honestly, I’m far from an expert shooter, but in my hands the 9mm barrel in the 40 slide grouped about the same as the 40 barrel.

And since we’re in the subject of PX4 barrels, I just compared a 40 & a 45 barrel. I didn’t put calipers on them, but they appear to be the same OD. The main difference is in the length on the breach side of the lug area.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    That’s a good question. It was developed jointly by Beretta and Langdon Tactical. From what Ben-G has explained, I think the G-SDs will be produced in Italy… so, you think they’d sell it anywhere they sell PX4s (which are all made in Italy), not just in the USA. But who knows.
    I’m wondering if it will only be available for purchase through LTT or if any distributor/reseller can carry them. Can you purchase guns through LTT where you are?
    Importing guns from the US to Germany is a huge hassle. Besides the madness of importing a gun made in Italy to Germany from the US
    We'll see if Beretta offers it directly worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    I’m wondering if Beretta might offer the thicker 9mm barrel by itself. I’m also wondering if it is the same OD as the .40 barrel?

However, I have tested a standard 9mm barrel in a .40 slide. Yes, the muzzle end of the barrel was loose in the slide, but that’s also an issue with most 92-style pistols. The main lockup happens in the grooved lug area or the locking block of a 92. Honestly, I’m far from an expert shooter, but in my hands the 9mm barrel in the 40 slide grouped about the same as the 40 barrel.

And since we’re in the subject of PX4 barrels, I just compared a 40 & a 45 barrel. I didn’t put calipers on them, but they appear to be the same OD. The main difference is in the length on the breach side of the lug area.
    You can't just swap the barrel in on a .40 slide and have it function correctly because of the extractor location. The slide is more or less a 9mm slide with a .40 bored muzzle hole.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Site Supporter
    Take my money!!!!

G-SD in .40 please?

User Tag List