Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beretta 30X Series Announced, “Race” Gun Version at SHOT

I'm not one to judge but these are just silly and a lot of fun. I don't have one but after shooting the one my neighbor has, I put a dot on my MKII.

upload your pics

Make it a .22 and people will line up to buy them. Looks like Berretta took some cues from Ruger.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-23-2024 at 05:48 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm not one to judge but these are just silly and a lot of fun. I don't have one but after shooting the one my neighbor has, I put a dot on my MKII.

upload your pics

Make it a .22 and people will line up to buy them. Looks like Berretta took some cues from Ruger.
    I am thinking very seriously about one of these in an attempt to isolate skill sets while teaching my special needs son (and possibly others) how to aim and shoot a pistol.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am thinking very seriously about one of these in an attempt to isolate skill sets while teaching my special needs son (and possibly others) how to aim and shoot a pistol.
    Made for new shooters. Absolutly Perfect.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I kinda like the fun/novelty appeal here--guns can be fun, right?--but I'd be more impressed if Beretta fixed the all too easily broken firing pin problem of these little guns. I've gone through two on my li'l .22s and keep a couple of spares for when they break.

The Beretta rep in the TFBTV interview did suggest that they've improved the trigger pull, so there's that.

I'd gladly give up the red dot option for a stronger, better built firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, because of '68 GCA - The Tomcat and Bobcat are built in the US-of-A. I suspect that means, like the A300UP - these are driven primarily by the USA-side of the casa with the 30X design team being here in the USA. The 80X design team is in Italy.

Basically, this is the 'Murican gun and the 80X is the Eye-Talian and the situation is that if you want to do something like this with the 80X you have to convince the Italian team. Versus over here...you just kind of convince the Tennessee Hillbillies (meant with the kindest connotation towards our resident Beretta Hillbilly @Ben_G).
    More or less correct. Though point in fact, while I live in Nashville now, I'm a NYC yankee haha. Also, our Italian friends are starting to see the benefits of embracing the cool factor and leaning into being a bit ridiculous. Remember, these are the same people who turned a tractor company into one of the wildest supercar companies in the world. We just have a shorter pipeline for crazy idea to market on this one.

My threaded barrels for the 80X have been on order for months and are due in shortly, and I do have an order for some 80X comps being reviewed for order this month. Both those initially proposed conceptually by the Italians a year plus ago. They take time to move these through with available resources, but the Italian team is right there with us on this fun new chapter.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    More or less correct. Though point in fact, while I live in Nashville now, I'm a NYC yankee haha. Also, our Italian friends are starting to see the benefits of embracing the cool factor and leaning into being a bit ridiculous. Remember, these are the same people who turned a tractor company into one of the wildest supercar companies in the world. We just have a shorter pipeline for crazy idea to market on this one.

My threaded barrels for the 80X have been on order for months and are due in shortly, and I do have an order for some 80X comps being reviewed for order this month. Both those initially proposed conceptually by the Italians a year plus ago. They take time to move these through with available resources, but the Italian team is right there with us on this fun new chapter.
    I like the 80X, but I'd love a comped 80X.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List