Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 30X Series Announced, “Race” Gun Version at SHOT

Beretta 30X Series Announced, “Race” Gun Version at SHOT

Reengineered Tomcat/Bobcat series with flat faced triggers, extended mags, new mag release, optics compatibility… and Beretta showed up with a comped (ported?) prototype.

My “that’s neat” brain thinks it’s pretty cool and my “I’ve owned two Tomcats and now own zero because they carry and shoot worse in my hands than J-frames and PPKs” thinks it’s pretty silly.

Who’s put hands on one yet?
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Apparently made for preppers

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

On the one hand - cool.

On the other - what in the jumpin' jack flash are Beretta engineers smoking? Time for someone to open a window at Beretta HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Apparently made for preppers

Ah yes, the blazing hot “bugout bag/prepper” trend.

If zombie-themed ammo makes a comeback, I’m swimming in the Atlantic with concrete flippers.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Reengineered Tomcat/Bobcat series with flat faced triggers, extended mags, new mag release, optics compatibility… and Beretta showed up with a comped (ported?) prototype.

My “that’s neat” brain thinks it’s pretty cool and my “I’ve owned two Tomcats and now own zero because they carry and shoot worse in my hands than J-frames and PPKs” thinks it’s pretty silly.

Who’s put hands on one yet?
    I played with a couple of prototypes when I was at HQ.

I readily admitted I'm not the target market. But they're serious about reinvigorating the product line. A tiny suppressed dotted .32 ACP is somebody's flavor.

The core improvements to the pistol...new magazine release, more capacity (if you want that), ergonomic improvements, better sights...will make it a better gun for people who are using this type of gun. The new trigger is certainly nice.
    3/15/2016

To me making improvements to the basic gun is fine. But hanging all that crap on it is crazy. To me the main advantage of the pistols is they are so small you can carry one in a large shirt pocket. And it disappears in a pants pocket. To each his own I guess.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'll remind folks that people bought the heck out of the threaded .22 Bobcat. Giving the .32 some of the same treatment isn't out of line.
    3/15/2016

I Probably won't buy one but it's pretty neat. The bugout/prepper thing was super cringe but besides that a tiny .32 with a dot and surpressor is probably a whole lot of fun to shoot even if it is impractical.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I want to be clear - a dot on a Tomcat and Bobcat is perfectly fine. We just got the Langdon thing and those of us who like this guns, like the idea.

I actually like the idea of all of this. Even though it seems a bit silly in terms of marketing.

That said - does this update come with significant internal updates and strengthening of the Tomcat or is it still merely a 1000-round and then paperweight gun?

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    I'm confused. I thought this was for James Bond LARPing. If it's now for preppers, where's the version with lime green Cerakote and blaze orange biohazard-symbol grips, shipped in a matching Nalgene bottle/open carry concealment holster with some fishing line and hooks, three strike-anywhere matches, a survival blanket, and a Chinese copy of the cheapest multitool in Gerber's lineup?
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

User Tag List