Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Article … FYI (again)

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    What's the deal with Suarez? I've seen him here and there on the webz but don't know much about him.
    1) He and his wife pled guilty to multiple fraud charges about 20 years ago now. Suarez had to serve 7 months in jail as part of it. I believe all the charges were technically misdemeanors.

2) He started out teaching at Front Sight and has continued a number of their shady practices

3) For a while he had his "Prison Knife Fighting" system training and associates knives and weapons.

4) He presented the pistol mounted optic on a Glock as though it was his idea.

5) He has espoused the "warrior mindset" "sheepdog mentality" and gone on a number of non-sensical rants on the internet.

I'm sure there is more I can't remember now - I think I recall something more recent about fraud/stolen goods.

Basically, Suarez has had controversy surrounding him his whole time as a trainer. When you compare him to someone like Clint Smith, Mas Ayoob, Craig Douglas - he would be a nightmare to have in court on your side.

Site Supporter
    Deleted because it was definitely thread drift on my part.
    Last edited by Robinson; 01-22-2024 at 09:53 AM.

Silly me, I though this thread was about a 92.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That’s all you need to see…
    Hahaha

I am not for the guy at all but to be fair he only mentioned his name concerning the 9mm vs 45 switch.

Still the damage was done. Haha

To the topic on hand, the 92 is a great pistol, I don’t think the article did it any justice.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Silly me, I though this thread was about a 92.
    I thought so too, but it veered into the weeds the instant the light went green.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

It's PF. We drift harder than a turbo Impreza.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Sometimes I think that maybe I don't need to read anything about guns that Tam didn't write or link to.

Site Supporter
    The article linked is the type of writing about guns that gives writing about guns a bad name. It is superficial, virtue signaling, and has a reference to a dubious authority. But writing about guns has never been a literary ambition. Instead it falls into cliches and bubble-headed ideas. I am sure you can provide the examples. Expectations concerning writing about guns shall be lowered accordingly.

User Tag List