Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: .32 vs .38

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In Alaska and Montana, I like the idea of being able to load the new revolver with this load, and carry it as a back up. At this velocity, it should poke a hole in a bear's skull.

Attachment 115453
    Looking forward to an epic ".32 HRM as a field pistol" thread.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Looking forward to an epic ".32 HRM as a field pistol" thread.
    I will leave that to someone dumber, I mean braver, than me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

While I went out in the super crappy weather yesterday to shoot the G21.5,

it was blowing snow and crap sideways***

I finished up by shooting a couple cylinders of ammo through my Ruger LCR at a paper plate set at about a car lengths distance. Maybe 7 yards. I was shooting my 100 grain poly coated wadcutter loads. It just impresses me what a significant difference there is between these little .32 WCs and your typical .38 loads.

The Ruger just stacks them in there.

I kind of get a kick out of how small the holes are.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on one of the Lipsey's Ultimate J Frames.
    Last edited by Lost River; 03-05-2024 at 11:15 AM.

Good show, @Lost River, those little wadcutters feel like a centerfire cheat code.

I love my LCR327, eagerly awaiting the 327 TORO to check out as do-everything-kinda-okay piece. Especially in the central Cascades where the biggest four-legged caution is usually a cow that’s spent a winter or two solo.

Thanks to nerve damage even basic .38 gets uncomfortable after awhile if the gun is less than 20oz or so.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Normally I say the answer when it comes to recoil in .38 Special guns is the .38 Short Colt.

It really works quite well. Light recoil and fun to shoot.

I thought I had made enough for folks while I get caught up in other areas. I put out a fair bit on the website, and it was gone in 24 hours. Did not expect that. Lesson learned there! I guess the word is out

And for Something Entirely Different, there was the cowboy shooter who got a "set" of guns in .32 H&R; two Ruger "Vaqueritos" and the scarce Marlin lever action. Did he get them for powder puff power to just ring a plate? Nope, he loaded them to the SASS maxima of 1000 fps revolver, 1400 fps rifle. Just to be different, I guess.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    And for Something Entirely Different...
    Are you sure you didn't mean this?

"Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

.32 without a doubt, BUT with similar availability and pricing. I was gonna get one of the new 442 UCs, but thamk God the sight didn’t work, so I didn’t buy! Shot my 642 PC and remembered why I love the .32! I think if more get on the bandwagon it will make a resurgence, great round. I also think .32 ACP should be exploited more! Imagine a pocket Glock, Pocket Sig, Walther CZ etc. The smaller round makes WAY more sense in these tiny guns! More controllable and little lost ballistically.

Whil I am at it .30 Super Carry. The youtube idiots all comment on “ a question nobody ask,” that is so tiring. Put a 9mm ballistic equivalent in a compact or sub, not to mention micro, and the lights would go on. I was a huge hater until I shit a rental shield. It was loud, but flat shooting, crazy accurate fun and more mild.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Whil I am at it .30 Super Carry. The youtube idiots all comment on “ a question nobody ask,” that is so tiring. Put a 9mm ballistic equivalent in a compact or sub, not to mention micro, and the lights would go on. I was a huge hater until I shit a rental shield. It was loud, but flat shooting, crazy accurate fun and more mild.
    Oh dear. I thought I had gotten over my enthusiasm for a Shield Plus .30 SC 13 shooter to double the capacity of my G43 hideout gun.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    I've been a fan of the 32 snubs for awhile, but own 38s and 32s. As someone who handloads about 99% of my practice ammo, once I bought a supply of 32 starline brass the 32s have actually been cheaper to load than the 38s (cheaper bullets and less powder). I was lucky to find a large quantity of 100 grain jacketed flat point bullets from American Reloading last year, which has been my primary projectile for practicing lately, but there are a variety of coated bullets out there as well. When the Lipsey's guns were announced I told a friend of mine that my 432 just took a big hit in value and I couldn't be happier! He immediately placed an order for the 432, and I will be right behind him to get a second j frame in 32.

As Bryan from AFR has mentioned several times, it wasn't that long ago that 380 was a dead or dying caliber, and guns like the Ruger LCP brought it back into the mainstream again. I hope to see a greater use of 32 caliber firearms in the future, both revolvers and semi autos (I would really enjoy an LCP and LCP max in 32 for one).

User Tag List