Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: .32 vs .38

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I certainly appreciate you looking out. I sourced some of that same S&B ammo from my go-to vendor last week. Im hoping to get @Lost River offering as well, if it’s made.

I’ve been enjoying Ted’s commentary and photos here for the better part of 12 years now, and I couldn’t be more happy about giving the man my money for what I’m sure is top shelf ammunition whenever I can.
    I just put another 1,000 rounds of 32 wadcutters up on the webstore and will have more available by Monday. Ordered more components last week, so I expect that they should be regularly available. It is crazy how popular the poly-coated WCs have been.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I just put another 1,000 rounds of 32 wadcutters up on the webstore and will have more available by Monday. Ordered more components last week, so I expect that they should be regularly available. It is crazy how popular the poly-coated WCs have been.
    I suspect that between people who have been around the block too many times and new shooters who want a controllable snub with no drama, poly coated wadcutters at moderate velocities would be good sellers. There are still some of us who have not gottten over the disappearance of the "non-plus-P" .38 Special Nyclad factory load.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    I understand the appeal of lightweight aluminum frame snubs and have several. However, the all steel J frames, being heavier, have less felt felt recoil with obvious advantage.

Because I have no experience with 2 inch 32 revolvers, I will show my ignorance and state that I don't see their advantage. Yes, I can read published velocity numbers. If I owned one, would I carry it? Of course.
    Last edited by willie; 02-11-2024 at 09:35 AM.

Site Supporter
    The lighter guns are more comfortable for pocket carry. Next, 6 shots works out for 2 shots for 3 opponents vs. 2x2 and then 1. Of course, the multiple attackers may be gun fantasy - except I avoided a possible criminal interview with 5 shot, trying to figure out the 'match' strategy, if need be. Next, the variety of loads exist but that does for 38 / 357 5 shot guns. Yes, there are 6 shot snubbies but it goes back to an easy pocket gun trade off.

If it's not a pocket gun that's comfy for me, then back to the belt Glock.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I shot another 50 rounds of Lost River 100 gr 32 load through my sample 632UC Friday. All I can say is at 10 yards there was one ragged hole right in the middle of a B8. No discomfort at all after 50 rounds. It’s what I’ll be carrying in mine. .

Site Supporter
    @JEC

Will it be possible to order the sights for these guns, either directly or through the manufacturer? Asking for a 640 Pro....

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    @JEC

Will it be possible to order the sights for these guns, either directly or through the manufacturer? Asking for a 640 Pro....
    That’s a good question. I’ll have to ask.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    That’s a good question. I’ll have to ask.
    It might be pretty incredible - especially given the feedback on the old 640 pro threads talking about poa/poi for different loads and general sadness.

Flip side, I may have ordered .32 ammo for a gun I don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    It might be pretty incredible - especially given the feedback on the old 640 pro threads talking about poa/poi for different loads and general sadness.

Flip side, I may have ordered .32 ammo for a gun I don't have.
    The only hang up I see is the 640 Pro has a dovetailed front sight and the UC is pinned. Would have to find the right height dovetailed front to work with the UC rear. I’d have to see if XS makes any options here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    The only hang up I see is the 640 Pro has a dovetailed front sight and the UC is pinned. Would have to find the right height dovetailed front to work with the UC rear. I’d have to see if XS makes any options here.
    If XS is willing to offer different height rears (w/o tritium), that would probably be more than sufficient for most, while only needing a small program change to their CNC program.

Just thinking out loud

User Tag List