Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: .32 vs .38

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Given all the times here and on Instagram/FB etc that DB has mentioned his arthritis issues, I can hear the bass groove he's puttin' down.
    The arthritis, the declining vision, the appreciation of a little extra weight for recoil and wobble reduction, the assurance of a smooth, controllable trigger rather than a hairy one... yeah, it's all in place now. Frankly, I have owned a lot of guns that actually sort of sucked to use even back in the day, but which the younger me was able to tolerate or compensate for; I was too proud to complain in any event.

Well, brothers and sisters, not any more!

When I take out a full size 92X at the range, I don't give a rat's rear what anyone thinks... hey, look at grandpa with his horse pistol. Well, I really AM a grandpa (by the grace of God), and still feel privileged to have learned to shoot what I did when I did, where I did. I'm also glad I can still shoot most guns well enough to occasionally gloat to myself, and if at the end of the session I don't feel like I slammed my hand in a car door, I'm way ahead of the game.

I will be keeping my eye on these new snubbies, because I may be old, but I am not too stubborn to admit a good thing as long as I can still perceive it.

Attachment 114303
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I’ve posted about it before; but with some nerve damage in my right arm, plus a broken elbow in that same arm, the elimination of recoil really is awesome. My last “real” training was a course with Bill Rapier and I couldn’t close my hand for about a day afterward. And that was “just” 600ish rounds with a G19.

So my LCR22 and LCR327 have really been beneficial. There’s also that fact that with two young kids I really have to force myself to give up the time to get to the range so every rep just has to count.

To the thread, and to repeat Pat Rogers via DB, .32 is a great “normal earth people” cartridge.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Scal View Post
    The second and probably bigger thing: Is there a good hollow point load in 32 mag that has decent ballistic performance?
    Federal 85gr JHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    Federal 85gr JHP.
    Any idea on what this does in gel out of a 2" barrel? Even if just bare gel / heavy clothing / 4LD?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Federal 85gr JHP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Any idea on what this does in gel out of a 2" barrel? Even if just bare gel / heavy clothing / 4LD?
    If it doesn't perform well, it'd probably be worth it to just go with wadcutters.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

paging @Lost River

(Something tells me he's likely setting up a line for .32 production)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

While I'm unaware of a test in properly prepared and calibrated Type 250A ordnance gelatin, there are some less sketchy videos on YouTube that give me reason to believe it reliably penetrates at least 12-inches in both bare and 4-layer denim covered gelatin. It expands modestly in bare gelatin and fails to expand in denim covered gelatin.

Site Supporter
    Federal 85gr JHP.
    Amateur gel block test
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

User Tag List